3030 Deathwar Redux to launch September 13, 2017
Co-developers Bird In Sky and Crunchy Leaf Games are delighted to announce that 3030 Deathwar Redux – an intergalactic indie epic that fuses Elite-style space exploration with classic comedic adventuring – will release on Steam on 13 September 2017.
Ten years in the making, the game has been through a variety of iterations. After releasing an early version of 3030 Deathwar back in 2007, developer Bird In Sky teamed up with co-developer and publisher Crunchy Leaf Games to expand on the world, improve the gameplay, and add a ton of adventure-style story content to the ambitious cyberpunk indie title.
The result is 3030 Deathwar Redux – an inventive open-world space adventure with frantic combat, a story filled with weird and wonderful characters, and a gigantic universe with 30 star systems to explore and an array of quests to complete!
3030 Deathwar Redux has enjoyed a successful stint in Steam Early Access, with a 100% positive user rating, and a recent algorithm having highlighted it as one of Steam’s ‘Hidden Gems’: the top-rated games on Steam that exist away from the ‘best sellers’ list. Now, the full version is ready to be unleashed on the world.
“Not only have the graphics and audio been massively improved,” added Griffiths, “we also got to add lots of new gameplay ideas and fresh content we hadn’t dreamed of at the start. We’re extremely proud and happy about the game’s upcoming release.”
About 3030 Deathwar Redux
It’s not been a good day for John Falcon. His crew has discovered a dead body, his brand new ship’s been impounded by the cops, and a lot of people seem unhappy with him… probably something to do with a missing cargo of gold bars.
A fusion of Elite-style space exploration, frantic and fast-paced combat, and a healthy dose of Lucas Arts-style comedic adventuring, 3030 Deathwar Redux sets you free to roam the entire galaxy, after a mysterious War left planets uninhabitable and the remaining stations on quarantine lockdown. Help freewheeling space pilot John get back on his feet in a huge open world, and pilot your own course through the game’s dizzying array of missions, stories and features.
Will you take on some local delivery jobs so you can afford a better ship. Downsize to a jetsuit and go shooting space-junk for quick money? Or focus on finding that missing gold shipment, before the local gangs and salvage teams get there first?
Meanwhile, there’s that damn mechanic who sold you a stolen ship, and this mysterious ‘Taoist’ group who everyone keeps talking about. Before long, John finds himself inextricably caught up in a plot of intergalactic intrigue…
- Open-world space adventure with frantic combat and 30 star systems to explore
- Board stations, visit the bars and talk to an array of space scum
- Ghostly derelict ships to find on your Star-Map, spacewalk into, and salvage valuables
- Large variety of fun jobs and missions, with amusing and exciting side-quests
- Diverse array of ships to buy and upgrade for Performance, Defence and Combat
- Get a fuel-scoop and refuel from the corona of a sun without frying yourself!
- Find Pirate Stations and begin a life of crime, attack innocent traders, steal cargo from traffic
- Invest in a large cargo ship and go asteroid mining for metals, or haul goods between systems
- Hidden wormhole shortcuts, comets, unique stations and other secrets to find
- Get caught up in an irreverent, amusing and enthralling main story
- A whole load more!
3030 Deathwar was originally released in 2007. The Redux version is a completely reworked game, the result of several years of hard work, and adds an extended adventure – with more characters and content, graphical enhancements, balancing and gameplay changes, a smoother tutorial and tons of other improvements!