Algo Bot, adventure puzzle game is on Steam
independent game developer Fishing Cactus (Epistory – Typing Chronicles, 2016) announced that Algo Bot, a pan-galactic coding-based adventure puzzle game is available on Steam.
In Algo Bot, players control the movements of a lovable but down-on-its-luck robot, using basic programming skills to solve puzzles. Set aboard the pan-galactic colonization ship Europa, over 46 levels, players must devise algorithms to carefully control Algo Bot’s path, borrowing concepts from the programming world – including variables and subroutines.
In the rich single-player story campaign, Algo Bot meets PAL, a cantankerous and aloof line manager, and Gemini, the cheerfully eccentric shipboard computer. When a routine recycling job goes horribly wrong, Algo Bot and this unlikely band of heroes must work together to save the sleeping colonists on board the Europa.
Algo Bot is a unique futuristic adventure puzzle game, delivering a one-of-a-kind programming gameplay experience, teaching basic programming concepts in a fun and entertaining way.
Algo Bot’s features include:
▪ A bittersweet story with two lovable heroes
▪ Over 40 programming puzzles set in 5 unique environments
▪ Easy to understand for beginners, but difficult enough for puzzle enthusiasts
▪ Play with various programming concepts
▪ Backtrack to already cleared levels to optimize your solutions
▪ Stunning 3D graphics
▪ The British Touch: we’ve teamed up with Epistory’s writer, Joseph J Clark, to give Algo Bot a light storyline with a touch of British humor