Chess Ultra: The most breath-taking chess game ever made is out
Ripstone Games are celebrating the launch of Chess Ultra today, the most breath-taking chess game ever made. Chess Ultra is available now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR, Steam (Windows PC), HTC Vive & Oculus, and coming to Xbox One on 23rd June with pre-orders available now. The team have also announced the game will be coming to Xbox One X.
Ripstone have been publishing games for over five years, but Chess Ultra is the first game to be crafted by their own in-house development team.
Chess Ultra features stunning 4K visuals, seamless online multiplayer and Grandmaster-approved AI that offers the ultimate chess experience.
The trailer also introduces the Grim Reaper, who players can meet face to face in VR, offering an experience that simply isn’t possible in real life. Virtual Reality players can challenge Death in the pits of Gomorrah, their mortal soul in the balance. Play well and he’ll get angry, his eyes burn with rage and the lava will flow ferociously; But lose, and he’ll reach over and take their soul.
Key features of the game include…
- Stunning environments and beautiful chess sets displayed in striking 4K (platform-dependable)
- 10 Grandmaster approved AI levels
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, all available online
- Intuitive local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Cross-platform online play between console and PC
- Spectate and compete in Official Ripstone tournaments
- Over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- Exportable PGN for every game, locally and online (PC version only)
- Full Twitch integration invites fans to play against their community (PC version only)
- In-depth tutorials
Twitch integration is just one of the brand new additions in Chess Ultra, allowing Steam players to stream the game live on Twitch and play against their streaming community, who will be able to enter chess moves into the chat.