Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder available NOW on Steam
Publisher Iceberg Interactive and Turkish development studio Zoetrope Interactive are happy to announce that a revamped version of their H.P. Lovecraft-inspired point-and-click horror adventure Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder (PC, 2007), will be released on the Steam platform later today.
With enhanced graphics and Steam achievements, Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder will send shivers up your spine by taking players to a disturbing corner of the human psyche. Meanwhile, developer Zoetrope Interactive is busy preparing a Director’s Cut Edition of the second instalment, Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage (PC, 2010) for its Steam release in a few weeks.
Zoetrope Interactive’s Galip Kartoglu says: “We really enjoyed getting back together and updating both games for more recent Operating Systems, adding Steam achievements, improving the games’ graphics as well as adding new puzzles and environments for Part 2. In fact we’re liking it so much, that after years of a focus outside of making games, we’re feeling a strong pull to get back into game development. Who knows, maybe one day there might be a ‘Darkness Within 3’, depending on the reception these two classics are given by the Steam audience. Either way, we’re very excited to see our work debut on Steam today.”
The assets pack for Darkness Within contains 6 screenshots and a trailer, download the full pack here. The trailer is now also streaming on the Iceberg Youtube channel here.
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder is now available on Steam at $ 7.99 and will have a 15% launch discount. http://store.steampowered.com/app/298930/
About Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
As police detective Howard E. Loreid, you are tasked to solve the murder of Clark Field, a wealthy man involved in the occult. Your suspect is Loath Nolder, a highly respected former private investigator who mysteriously abandoned his last case for reasons unknown. Soon, Loreid discovers that his own horrible past is connected with the madness that is about to swallow him. You experience lucid horrifying dreams and are tormented by paranormal happenings. What’s real and what’s not? Slowly but surely Loreid loses his grip on reality…
Key Features for Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
· A chilling point and click Horror Adventure inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, now brought to Steam for the first time as an enhanced edition with Chromatic Aberration and cinematic effects applied to the game’s graphics.
· Built-in Hint System with 3 Difficulty Levels – Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective, or Senior Detective modes.
· Unique Inventory System – Utilizing the ‘thinking screen’ allows players to collect and examine items and thoughts. Clues can also be researched, combined, or used.
· Dynamic Puzzles and Features – Traditional adventure game puzzles are complemented by deciphering dreams and underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues.
· Enhanced Gameplay Experience – The proprietary game engine enables compelling special effects and stunning visuals in a panoramic first person game environment.
· Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere – An immersive experience is created by a fascinating story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.