Deadlight: Director’s Cut Out Now For PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC (Video)
The survival horror platformer Deadlight: Director’s Cut is available today for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC digitally for $19.99. With the brand-new Survival Arena Mode which offers interactive defenses and novel weapons, players can expect an unforgettably intense struggle against the horde. In addition, the PS4 and Xbox One versions now encompass the Nightmare Mode, revealing an alternative ending upon completion of the game.
Playing as Randall Wayne, a man in search of his family in the ruins of Seattle circa 1986, players will solve puzzles and overcome environmental hazards in this tense 2D platformer. As weapons and ammunition are scarce, diving into battle isn’t always the best solution; the choice between sneaking past zombies or annihilating them with melee combat and weapons will be crucial to prevail.
Superior controls, improved animations and running at 1080p on all platforms are just some of the enhancements to Deadlight: Director’s Cut. For fans looking to delve deeper into the universe, Deep Silver has released the Developer Diaries which present in depth insight to the Deadlight series, as well as the new digital art book.
· Separated from his family, search the ruins of a ‘1986’ Seattle and uncover the fate of Randall’s loved ones
· Solve puzzles and overcome environmental hazards in tense 2D platforming
· Decimate zombies with melee combat and weapons, or sneak past using the environment
· Combat isn’t always the answer, especially when ammunition, weapons, and resources are scarce
· Survive endless waves of zombies in the new ‘Survival Arena’ mode! Use Interactive defences to block zombies and access new areas, or fight back using different weapons like the Machine Gun, Molotov Cocktail and Sniper Rifle and try to rank above the rest in online-leader boards
· Take on the ultimate survival challenge in the previously PC-exclusive ‘Nightmare’ difficulty mode
· Running at 1080p on all platforms, with superior controls and enhanced animations, this is how survival was meant to look
· Watch the original Developer Diaries and learn more about the Deadlight series
· Explore the gorgeous art of Deadlight in the Deadlight: Director’s Cut digital art book accessed in-game