Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth – ‘Rover’ and ‘Necromancer’ classes video
Watch the Two Classes Unleash Hell and Hound in the New Trailers!
Meet the real hunters of Yggdrasil, the Rover class. With an expertise in long ranged attacks, the Rover class can deliver some hard hits while in the back line. Their knowledge of nature is a hot commodity in battle, especially when it comes to special quests that involve exploring uncharted territory. Besides pursuing monsters, these hunters can also get help from animals to provide both offense and defense support.
Watch as the animal kingdom helps out the Rover class in our latest trailer below.
It’s no secret that death awaits all who enter the Yggdrasil tree, but did you know that you can bring death into the tree? Ok, that sounds a bit confusing, but it all makes sense when we explain what the Necromancer can bring to the table. These masters of the undead arts aren’t the best fighters, but they can summon wraiths to do their dirty work instead. These wraiths are not only able to dish out and absorb damage, but can also be sacrificed for the greater good. Want to heal the party? Sacrifice a wraith! What about disable enemy defenses for a few turns? Sacrifice a wraith! Trying to increase the party’s magic strength? Sacrifice a wraith! Although Necromancers are a bit unconventional, they’re skills are invaluable to the party.
Watch the Necromancer sacrifice a wraith in the new trailer!
They say that whoever reaches the top of the colossal Yggdrasil will have their greatest wish fulfilled. So what’s so hard about hiking up a tree? Well, besides being a gigantic labyrinth, the Yggrasil tree is home to many nightmarish creepy crawlies and terrifying FOEs just waiting for a tasty treat to come waltzing by. But don’t let that dampen your adventurous spirit because the Etrian Odyssey V launch edition contains many treasures that will strengthen your resolve! Here’s what you’ll get when you pre-order or otherwise grab the limited launch edition of the game:
- 24-Page Art Book – Beautiful character art and concept sketches by the illustrious Yuji Himukai cover the pages of this magnificent art book. The unique explorers that will fill up your party are a wonder to behold.
- 6-Track Music CD – A grand journey is utterly droll without music, so get into the adventuring mindset with an enchanting soundtrack crafted by long-time series composer Yuzo Koshiro!
- Outer Box – The Yggdrasil tree and eager adventurers adorn this colorful outer box which protects the precious treasures it holds within.
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth features:
- A Choose-your-own-odyssey Feel – Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Myth is all about choosing how your own adventure unfolds. Test your survival skills by wisely navigating the winding floors of Yggdrasil, using shrewd tactics when battling gruesome beasts, making the right decisions during various “scenarios,” and more. To meet these challenges, the home base city of Iorys is ready for all your buying/selling, recruiting, and information-gathering needs!
- Gameplay Fit for a True Pathfinder – It wouldn’t be an Etrian Odysseygame without the life-or-death need to map your progress. For those new to the series, the bottom screen of the 3DS displays a top-down, tile-based map that must be filled out while dungeon crawling. Players can use the map to mark the locations of treasures, doors, enemies, environmental obstructions, and more. Expect the unexpected at every turn-and then make a note on the map so it’s not so unexpected next time!
- Epic Turn-based Battles – There’s a reason why no one has ever reached the top of Yggdrasil. Dangerous creatures and utterly terrifying FOEs-high-level mini-bosses, for you newcomers-roam the labyrinth on every floor, so prepare to test your mettle with challenging turn-based battles. Proper planning is a must and balancing strong party composition is absolutely crucial for success. You’ll need the right team to unleash Union Attacks and level the playing field!
- Expanded Character Creation and Customization – With four unique races, 10 distinct classes, more customization options than any previous game in the franchise, and a streamlined skill tree/class advancement, you can shape a party to whatever your heart desires.
- A Magical Art Style and Score – Longtime series illustrator Yuji Himukai and renowned composer Yuzo Koshiro return to add their signature magic to the art and music in the game.
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth will release on Oct. 17, 2017 for the Nintendo 3DS™ system and will be priced at $39.99.