Max: The Curse of Brotherhood on Nintendo Switch
Danish studio Flashbulb Games and Spanish developer Stage Clear Studios join forces to bring Max: The Curse of Brotherhood to Nintendo Switch.
Embark on an amazing journey to rescue your little brother in an endearing and action-packed adventure with the invaluable help of your Magic Marker. Max is an acclaimed platformer with physics-based puzzles set in a Scandinavian-inspired fantasy world.
- The new touch-based control scheme will let the player to directly draw on screen shaping the environment, improving the precision and agility of the gameplay as never before.
- A heartwarming Scandinavian story of monsters, magic and brotherly love.
- Make your way through a stunningly beautiful world with handcrafted levels. From ancient temples to lush-green-forests.
- Use your own hands to shape the environment to your will with the power of the Magic Marker to overcome obstacles and beat your enemies.
- Run, jump, climb, draw and swing through Anotherworld in a frantic platformer.
The ambition all along was to awaken the sort of feelings we had as kids when watching movies like Goonies and Indiana Jones for the first time. Of course, mixed with a video game where you progress from being an average boy into a superhero.
The Switch is basically a device that been tailored especially for Max. First, on iOS, we had the problem that the screen interface wasn’t very good for the platforming part and later with Max: The Curse of Brotherhood on Xbox & PS4 drawing wasn’t optimal with a stick. On the Switch, we have stick and buttons for controlling Max and the screen for controlling the Marker. This is super awesome. Another thing we are excited about is the fact that parent and children or friend can actually play together controlling one each, which is actually something a lot of Xbox players have been writing us stories about how they did by passing the controller. – Mikkel Thorsted, Creative Director at Flashbulb Games.