Razer Blade Stealth packs an 8th gen Core i7-8550U processor
Razer announced the new Razer Blade Stealth laptop featuring Intel’s latest 8th generation quad-core processor and the Razer Core V2 external graphics enclosure.
Razer Blade Stealth
The new Razer Blade Stealth quad-core variant comes equipped with a quad-core 8th Gen Intel® Core® i7-8550U processor. This latest quad-core CPU enables extraordinary performance and responsiveness with Turbo Boost speeds up to 4 GHZ, while improved battery life now provides up to 10 hours of mobility. For extreme multitasking, Razer also includes 16 GB of dual-channel system memory.
The Razer Blade Stealth features the 13.3-inch Quad HD+ (3200 x 1800) IGZO touch-enabled display with 100 percent sRGB color space. Users who need absolute visual clarity will appreciate the machine’s wide viewing angles, high-color saturation, striking clarity and accuracy. This new 13-inch laptop is the mobile powerhouse that allows professionals, students and creative enthusiasts to stay productive anywhere.
The laptop retains its claim as one of the most portable and durable machines on the market, measuring 0.54 inches thin and weighing 2.97 pounds. The chassis is CNC-milled from aircraft grade aluminum, and available in either black or gunmetal gray finish. The black version of the Razer Blade Stealth remains one of the only ultra-portable laptops in the world equipped with the individually backlit Razer Chroma™ laptop keyboard. The gunmetal gray variant features a tone-on-tone Razer logo and responsive white backlit keyboard, offering a sleek, solid and professional design.
Razer Core V2
The Razer Core V2 allows gamers to seamlessly transform highly mobile Thunderbolt 3 laptops like the Razer Blade Stealth into a desktop-class gaming experience. A single Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) connection is all it takes to connect a laptop with the graphics enclosure.
It now features the world’s first dual Thunderbolt 3 internal controller design that separates lanes for both graphics and connected devices, ensuring fluid gameplay. The external graphics enclosure comes with four USB 3.0 ports and Gigabit Ethernet for connecting a wide array of peripherals.
Starting from a block of durable raw aluminum, the Razer Core V2’s chassis is CNC precision milled for an incredibly rigid and compact form-factor. This compact design encloses a 500W power supply to provide adequate power for graphics and connected devices. The machine-crafted enclosure and additional cooling fans are designed to work with the graphics card to quickly dispense heat and provide optimal performance.
The Razer Core V2 external graphics enclosure sports a redesigned internal layout that fits an expanded range of taller graphics cards. It now supports the most popular gaming graphics cards, including NVIDIA® GeForce® 10 series and AMD Radeon™ 500 series with XConnect™ technology.
For professional use, the Razer Core V2 now allows users to connect an external high-end desktop NVIDIA Quadro® GPU to Thunderbolt™ 3 eGPU-enabled laptops, harnessing the power of high-performance, professional graphics to dramatically accelerate the workflow and create a truly compact workstation.
Physical installation of GPUs takes seconds with the Razer Core. Its durable aluminum housing slides open with minimal effort, with a single screw that secures the graphics card in place. Razer’s solution helps future-proof laptops, as graphics cards are easily swappable with new components as they become available.
Razer Blade Stealth
The new quad-core Razer Blade Stealth is available at $1,699 and is equipped with 16GB of RAM and a 512 GB PCIe SSD.
Razer Core V2
The Razer Core V2 will be available at $499.
About the new quad-core Razer Blade Stealth
- Available in Black or Gunmetal
- Quad-core 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor (1.8 GHz / 4.0 GHz)
- 16GB Dual-Channel system memory (LPDDR3-2133 MHz)
- 13.3 in. IGZO 16:9 aspect ratio, capacitive multi-touch display
- QHD+ (3200 x 1800) touch IGZO display
- Intel® HD Graphics 620
- Windows 10 Home
- 512 GB PCIe SSD
- Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (902.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C)
- USB 3.0 port x 2 (SuperSpeed)
- Anti-ghosting keyboard
- Black: Powered by Razer Chroma™
- Gunmetal: White keyboard backlighting
- HDMI 2.0 audio and video output
- Built-in stereo speakers
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in array microphone
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Compact 65 W USB-C power adapter
- Built-in 53.6 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- 0.54 in. / 13.8 mm (Height) x 12.6 in. / 321 mm (Width) x 8.1 in. / 206 mm (Depth)
- 2.98 lbs. / 1.35 kg
Price: $1,699 – 512 GB SSD
About the Razer Core V2
- Connection to PC via Thunderbolt™ 3 using included 40 Gbps cable
- Supports single double-wide, full-length, PCI-Express x16 graphics card
- Razer Core inner dimensions – 5.71 in. / 145 mm (Height) x 1.69 in. / 43 mm (Width) x 11.81 in. / 300 mm (Length)
- USB 3.0 port x 4 (SuperSpeed)
- Gigabyte Ethernet
- Chroma lighting (2 zones)
- Built-in 500 W power supply
- GPU max power support – 375 W
- Compatible Laptops:
- Razer Blade Stealth, Razer Blade, and Razer Blade Pro with Thunderbolt™ 3.
- Additional laptops require a Thunderbolt™ 3 port with external graphics support. Please check with your laptop manufacture to confirm if the laptop supports external graphics.
- 8.6 in. / 218.4 mm (Height) x 4.13 in. / 104.9 mm (Width) x 13.38 in. / 339.9 mm (Length)