RPG Chronicle of Ruin launches its Kickstarter Campaign (Video)
Dusty Games has launched the Kickstarter campaign for Chronicle of Ruin, a real-time tactical RPG for PC, Mac, and Linux, inspired by Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy VI, and Final Fantasy Tactics. A homage to those timeless classics, Chronicle of Ruin combines the large-scale army command of a tactical RPG and the intimate exploration and combat elements of a JRPG in an epic game unlike anything that’s come before it. The 30-day Kickstarter campaign with a funding goal of $36,000 can be found HERE.
Chronicle of Ruin aims to take the best parts of the classic RPGs that influenced it and bring their core gameplay to the present, complete with the visual, mechanical, and technical updates to make it a rich, unforgettable experience for fans and newcomers alike. Some of the key features in Chronicle of Ruin include:
· TRPG meets JRPG, with a real-time twist – Experience a unique gameplay fusion of the large-scale army management of a TRPG in with the intimate elements of classic JRPGs, tied together with real-time map control.
· An Engrossing Narrative – Journey with a cast of memorable, complex characters through a vividly detailed and morally ambiguous world.
· An Army at Your Command – Lead an army that grows from a handful of unseasoned units to up to 50 veteran fighters.
· Nearly 40 Character Classes – Shape your army as you see fit by managing your units growth among 28 standard classes and 10 unique hero classes.
· A New Take on Strategic Turn-based Combat – Battle in a refined version of the classic combat system designed for creating engaging tactical encounters with focused on class interplay, timed, and intelligent management of the game’s aggro system.
· Dozens of Meticulously Crafted Stages – Adventure through detailed stages that combine the unique characters and compelling stories of JRPGs with the the strategic demands of TRPGs.
· Deep Character Customization – Customize each of your units through a wide range of equipment option, hands-on stat growth, and flexible class design so that no two are alike.
· An Expansive Crafting System – Outfit your army yourself by crafting everything from mundane consumables to legendary weapons and armor.