Sayonara Umihara Kawase Comes to VR With HTC Vive Support (Video)
Degica Games is pleased to announce Sayonara Umihara Kawase now supports VR via the HTC Vive! This totally free update lets you see the game from a new point of view in Diorama Mode!
In addition, the powerful RPG creation software from Kadokawa and Degica Games, RPG Maker, now has Umihara Kawase-themed assets available for purchase, so users can create their own Umihara Kawase-themed RPGs!
For those not already in the know, Umihara Kawase Trilogy features Umihara Kawase, Umihara Kawase Shun Steam Edition, and Sayonara Umihara Kawase. These three puzzle/platformer games tell the tale of a girl named Umihara Kawase who uses a fishing hook as a grappling hook. You’ll need quick reflexes to swing your way through the branching surreal environments. Use your brains to figure out the best way through. They say fish is brain food. You’re going to need it!
Face fish-like enemies, conveyor belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel and more. Collect items, and find your way to the end of each level. The deeper into this dream-like world that you venture, the more challenging the solutions and the greater the time pressure becomes. Along the way, look out for shortcuts and secret exits, and unlock bonus levels.
The elasticity of Umihara’s fishing line sets the Umihara Kawase Trilogy apart from other games, giving unprecedented levels of mobility and discovery. Tightening the line or giving lots of slack can be the difference between success or failure. The elastic nature of the fishing line allows the player to stretch down to otherwise unreachable areas or be catapulted upwards.
The Trilogy Features:
· New VR support for Sayonara Umihara Kawase via the HTC Vive (and OpenVR)!
· Physics-based puzzle/platforming that challenges your reflexes and brainpower
· Extreme elastic fishing-line physics give you advanced control
· Many stages with branching paths across three complete games
· Steam Workshop support in all three games for sharing replays
· Four playable characters (in Sayonara Umihara Kawase)
· Face giant, aquatic bosses like a tadpole, a seahorse, and more
· Steam Achievements, Trading Cards, Leaderboards, and Cloud Saving
•Full Steam controller support for all three games (optional)