Tangledeep is available on Steam Early Access
Impact Gameworks’ nostalgic roguelike Tangledeep is available on Steam Early Access and GOG.com! Create your character, gear up, and get ready to ascend through dangerous terrain while facing magical beasts and ancient automatons in this beautifully-illustrated indie game for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Inspired by classic SNES-era RPGs, Tangledeep features impeccable pixel art, along with a stirring score by lead developer and award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – accompanied by legends Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana) and Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth).
For hundreds of years, people have enjoyed the peaceful tranquility of underground settlements and villages, where the only route to the surface is “Tangledeep” – a mysterious and ever-changing labyrinth. With memories of the surface world long forgotten, you set out for the labyrinth to discover what lies above…
Tangledeep features a robust and customizable job system with nine unique jobs to master. The game also supports a number of features designed to give players the perfect level of difficulty. You can opt for the true roguelike challenge of permadeath – or simply return to town upon death, for example. It’s also possible to share progress between characters by using the banking system – or by planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated gameplay as you complete quests and collect items.
- Master deep, tactical combat across 9 unique jobs.
- Choose between 2 game modes: Heroic Mode (with permadeath – the way the game was intended to be played), and Adventure Mode (no permadeath).
- Share progress between characters by using a banking system – or planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
- Take in the scenery – with stunning 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps!
- Play while listening to a beautiful soundtrack from award-winning composers.
Pricing & Availability
Tangledeep is now available on Steam (Windows/Mac/Linux).