XCOM 2 ‘War of the Chosen’ expansion pack takes the fight to Mac and Linux
Feral Interactive today announced that XCOM® 2: War of the Chosen, the expansion pack for the award-winning 2016 strategy game XCOM 2, will be released on macOS and Linux shortly after the release of the Windows and console versions. Developed by Firaxis Games and published by 2K for PC and consoles, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen adds a massive amount of content to XCOM 2.
War of the Chosen brings thrilling new material to the fight against ADVENT, the human enforcers of the alien regime occupying Earth. When additional resistance factions emerge to eliminate the invaders, a sinister new enemy, the “Chosen”, arises. They have one goal: to recapture the Commander of XCOM.
The expansion includes new Hero classes to counter the “Chosen”, new enemies, missions, even more challenging environments and increased depth in strategic gameplay.
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class;
- The Chosen: A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations;
- New Alien and Advent Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest;
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions;
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger;
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge;
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
“War of the Chosen adds exciting strategic depth to XCOM 2’s already thrilling campaign,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “In a world where humanity’s last line of resistance is on the run, the arrival of The Chosen pushes XCOM’s technology, tactics and daring to the edge…”
War of the Chosen will be available from the Feral Store and Steam, and as an in-app purchase to owners of the Mac App Store version of XCOM 2.
System requirements will be confirmed closer to the release date. A copy of XCOM 2 will be required.