Rising Star Games and Sanrio to Publish Three Hello Kitty Titles on Nintendo Systems
Rising Star Games is proud to announce that not one, not two, but three Hello Kitty titles will be making their way onto the catwalk in November 2015. Bringing the iconic figure Hello Kitty and her friends back to loyal fans everywhere, Hello Kitty Kruisers is set to race onto the Wii U on 6th November, while Hello Kitty and the Apron of Magic Rhythm Cooking and Hello Kitty & Friends Rock ‘n’ World Tour will be launching on the 3DS on 6th November and 13th November respectively.
Founded in 1960 by Shintaro Tsuji, Sanrio is currently the world’s sixth-biggest licensor, and Rising Star Games are thrilled to partner with them to bring new Hello Kitty video games to the UK. Having pulled in $6.5 billion in licensing retail sales last year, Sanrio ranks up there with the world’s biggest brands, just behind companies like Disney and Mattel, and the world’s love for Hello Kitty doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of slowing down.
“You can find Hello Kitty on so many different kinds of products appealing to a whole range of customers – she can appeal to the five-year-old, but she’s also going to appeal to the 15-year-old, and also maybe the 50-year-old,” said Christine Yano, an anthropology professor at the University of Hawaii, and author of a book on Hello Kitty.
With more than 40 years of heritage, Sanrio’s globally loved-franchise returns to offer young gamers fun and unique experiences – whether it’s music, racing or cooking they love, they’re sure to find one that fits them!
Hello Kitty Kruisers lets you take the wheel in full HD on the Wii U to race as Hello Kitty herself or one of her Sanrio friends. Speed over land, water, or even air in your customisable kart racer, and take on up to three of your friends, or challenge yourself with three playable modes.
If you’d rather be in the spotlight, then take to the stage in Hello Kitty & Friends Rock ‘n’ World Tour. Choose any of the four instruments and rock out in various cities around the world with your band in this musical puzzle game. Find your beat with the rhythm gameplay and enjoy the new mini-games to score the collectables rewarded to you when the curtain falls on your live show.
Craving something sweet? Hello Kitty and the Apron of Magic Rhythm Cooking lets you don the chef’s hat in this rhythm-based cookery caper. Learn different recipes and mix up batches of tasty treats along to the beat. See Sanrio’s beloved character cast come to life as you explore the town and interact with the Hello Kitty world residents, and compete in mini-games to make the town grow with the tales of your food.
Hello Kitty Kruisers
· 3 playable modes; take on Adventure Mode alone or play Quick Play and Tournament that can be tackled alone or with up to 3 other friends
· Customize Racer and Kart by earning stars and unlocking new items
· Play with anyone of 24 playable fan favourites Hello Kitty characters.
Hello Kitty & Friends Rockin’ World Tour
· 4 playable instruments including Lead Guitar, Bass, Backup Guitar and Drums
· Rock out on stage all over the world from cities Tokyo, London, Stockholm and more
· Plethora of unlockable clothes and decorations to customize Hello Kitty herself or your room
Hello Kitty and the Magical Apron
· Slice, boil, mix and stir to make the perfect meals, plus a wide variety of extra mini games
· Take photos and personalise by adding cute special effects and decorative frames
· Over 100 unique collectable cards featuring characters from Hello Kitty