BattleGoat Studios has been thrilled with the positive response to the Steam Early Access beta of Supreme Ruler 1936, their WWII strategy game currently under development. David Thompson, Lead Designer and Co Founder of BattleGoat commented, “We love Early Access! The feedback from players that have participated has been great for both testing the game and making changes to better the gameplay experience. In the three months since we released the Early Access, we’ve pushed nine updates and we expect this rate to continue right up until our official release.”
Originally planned for release late Q1 2014, the changes and additions from player feedback have resulted in a slight delay of the anticipated release date to May 9th 2014. When asked further about the success of their Early Access beta, Thompson replied, “The Early Access sales have been above expectations and this has given us the freedom to incorporate some new ideas and to improve the historical content of the campaigns.” Supreme Ruler 1936 is BattleGoat’s first self-published title, the previous two titles were published by Paradox Interactive. Early Access to the game is available for 25% off the release retail price.
BattleGoat has posted a new pre-release game trailer to YouTube, and is also announcing that the studio will be previewing the game to press and the public at this year’s PAX East in Boston, April 11th – 13th, 2014.
In a more lighthearted manner, Thompson also said about the delay, “Just like the German drive on Moscow, our progress has also been greatly impeded by an unusually tough winter… The studio was without power for a week, there have been several days lost to heavy snow falls, and the so called ‘Polar Vortex’ bitter cold has definitely slowed us in our tracks.”
Pre-Release Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QLhiQGyMso
About Supreme Ruler 1936
Supreme Ruler 1936 is Real Time Geo-Political Strategy Game for PC and Mac. Take control of a nation in the World War II era and guide it through a significant Military Campaign, or attempt one of many Set-Piece Historical Scenarios. Players can also customize their play experience with the Sandbox Mode and play as any Nation with their own preferred Victory Condition.
– Play Multiple Campaigns from either the Axis or Allied perspective.
– Take Control of any Nation in Sandbox Mode and impact the outcome of the era.
– Challenge yourself with Historical Scenarios for a faster-paced gameplay experience.
– The butterfly effect… Influence the timeline and outcome of thousands of historical events.
– Use Diplomacy, Trade, Espionage, and Intimidation to influence the policies of other nations.
– Research new Technologies to give your nation a significant military advantage.
– Modernize your economy to support whatever social and military policies you choose.
– Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces.
– Detailed historically-accurate armies down to the Battalion level.
– Choose your level of control. Make all decisions or use your Cabinet Ministers to help.
– Battle the elements! Fully integrated weather model influences battlefield outcomes.
– Significant graphic improvements to 3D terrain and Graphic User Interface
– Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet