Choice of the Deathless: You’re not the bad guy. You’re just his lawyer.
Choice of Games announced today that “Choice of the Deathless,” the latest in their popular line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and, via the Chrome Web Store, Windows, OS X, and Linux.
Battle demons and undead attorneys, and win souls to pay back your student loans! At the elite demonic-law firm of Varkath Nebuchadnezzar Stone, you’ll depose a fallen god, find romance, and maybe even make partner, if you don’t lose your own soul first.
“Choice of the Deathless” is a necromantic legal thriller by Max Gladstone, Campbell Award-nominated author of “Three Parts Dead” and “Two Serpents Rise.” The game is entirely text-based-without graphics or sound effects-and powered by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
For example, when taking a deposition from the goddess Ajaia in her nature sanctum at Tassadon, what will you do?
A) Go easy on the goddess. Try to lull her into complacency.
B) Press her with question after question until she breaks.
C) Trap her in a contradiction.
“I’m thrilled to show readers and gamers a new side of the fantasy world of my books,” said author Max Gladstone. “If you’ve ever wanted to be an undead skeleton lawyer wizard working with clients from another plane of reality-and who hasn’t?-this is your game.”
• Explore a fantasy realm with a rich and evolving backstory, based on the novels published by Tor Books.
• Play as male or female, gay or straight, dead or alive (or both).
• Build your career on carefully reasoned contracts, or party all night with the skeletal partners at your firm.
• Navigate intrigue and mystery in a world of scheming magicians and devious monsters.
• Look for love in at least some of the right places.
• Balance student loans, sleep, daily commute, rent payments, and demonic litigation-hey, nobody said being a wizard was always fun.