Evochron Mercenary version 2.288 is now available for download. As usual, the installer can also be used to update older versions of the game. It can be downloaded here:
This update includes the following improvements:
– Improved rendering performance for most systems.
– Mod placement options added for text chat/message log.
– Improved activation performance for the dynamic cube mapping system for planetary water (eliminating the 0.5-1 second pause on planetary descents).
– New loading mechanism applied to planet meshes and city meshes to better support systems with limited/restricted hard drive performance/functionality (ie file error 105).
– Fix for loading issue causing stored custom weapons in hangars to have removed stats.
– Updated collision system for planetary terrain to reduce overall memory use.
– Training mode can now be completed using profiles saved in other systems.
– Adjusted click ranges in configure controls menus.
– Improved lens flare masking for capital ships.
– Several minor bug fixes.