2 Think announces that Knotmania will receive his first major update on February 4th. This update brings in the Zen Mode feature, where the player will focus on the puzzle without the time limit constraint. Also, with this update we’ll launch in Japan bringing Japanese localization. With this update Knotmania will have Italian localization too.
Featuring an innovative approach to puzzle game, Knotmania is available on the App Store from January 26th in 35 countries in Europe and North America and in Australia and South Africa and from February 4th in Japan with a price of $2.99
We are excited to announce that Knotmania has been featured by Apple in Best New Games of App Store in USA, Canada, Australia and Spain.
Knotmania would like to take you on the exploration of an alien life form – the “Strings” – living entities in a structure of endless rooms. Strings energy runs the structure and to continue the journey one needs to unravel them thus cutting off the energy.
The core mechanic centers around a unique gameplay with an inventive approach to puzzle gaming, where the puzzle itself is a living creature. Each level begins with a twisted knot to tackle – it may be a single String or multiple Strings – and it sleeps awaiting your first touch. At the first gesture made, the strings wake up and begin to twist, embrace, and explore moving in slow graceful movements in zero gravity. They oppose change in order to remain twisted together.
The setting is made by abstract geometry rooms and the 3D soundscape by Fractures Audio immerges the idea of an alien environment
• 76 rooms and knots each flavored with unique concept, atmosphere and music.
• dynamic sounds effects by Fractures Audio: create a soundscape that reacts to your play.
• procedurally abstract geometry rooms
• procedurally generated knots
• innovative gameplay: the puzzle is a living creature
• in-house physics simulator of knots
• AI for behaviors
• Arcade Mode: the time is limited! Use fewer gesture for a better score
• Zen Mode: no time constraint, focus on puzzle
• Physically realistic realtime soft shadows.
• Share Progress on Social Networks: Twitter, Facebook.
• Sync progress across all your devices using iCloud
• Compete with your friends on GameCenter in 3 leaderboards: Score, Levels, Golden Tangle
• Indie Prize Selection – Casual Connect Amsterdam February 2016
• Very Big Indie Pitch Selection – Helsinki 2015