The success story of Croatian developer Little Green Men Games continues apace, as their spin-off title to Starpoint Gemini 2 will release this April 2016 into Steam’s Early Access program. STARPOINT GEMINI WARLORDS (PC), published by Iceberg interactive, is a unique blend of space sim, RPG and 4X games focused on larger ships, ranging from gunships to carriers. Conduct research and construction in your own gigantic space station, send your war fleets into enemy territory, lead your heroic companions into battle, build up your stronghold, trade, mine, salvage and remind your enemies why they fear you.
The official Coming Soon page for the game is now live on Steam, for eager fans wanting to add the title to their wishlists http://store.steampowered.com/app/419480.
Developer Little Green Men Games has built a remarkably vibrant community around the Starpoint Gemini franchise, and is renowned for proactively engaging with their fans . With Warlords, the developer is once again looking forward to invaluable feedback during Early Access, which will ultimately result in a truly fulfilling player experience.
About Starpoint Gemini Warlords
Humans, fleeing from the ruined Solar system trickled into Gemini in rag-tag convoys, their ships barely holding together. Planet Phaeneros, located in the farthest reaches of the Gemini system, abandoned long before Gemini gained its independence, will become their new home… your new home. You should prepare for what’s coming, captain. The Solari Concord needs you!
TWO MODES OF PLAY
The campaign mode continues the story from Starpoint Gemini 2 after the Gemini Protectorate and its allies managed to fend off the Brotherhood threat. The Empire, both in their mainspace and in Gemini have been wiped out. Only small pockets of resistance remain. Progress through the storyline at your own pace and make difficult choices along the way, changing how the storyline will ultimately play out.
The conquest mode is for the free roamers. Strip away the campaign, but leave everything else and you have yourself the conquest mode. Create a story of your own and completely change the face of Gemini!
Warlords is a spin-off to our successful space sim Starpoint Gemini 2. The majority of the planned features and implemented ideas came directly from the Starpoint Gemini 2 community. All the things asked about and requested that we simply couldn’t implement in Starpoint Gemini 2, are now integrated into Warlords. And these are not minor features. We’re redoing entire sections of both gameplay and the underlying game engine.
· Headquarters. Construct and upgrade your own personal space station; a massive structure that enables you to conduct research, build ships, assemble autonomous fleets and much more.
· Conquer Territory. Gradually expand your reign over unclaimed territory, by battling minor factions, or conquer the entire Gemini sector, by facing off against familiar strong Gemini foes, familiar from the previous Starpoint Gemini titles. Reinforce conquered regions to defend themselves.
· Conduct Research on simple weapon enhancements, obtain the expertise to construct a titan class behemoth, or boost the effectiveness of your non-combat fleets. Equipment, ship systems, enhancements and ships can still be bought, but he best ‘stuff’ can only be researched, constructed and improved in your HQ.
· Construction and research demand the allocation of resources. Gather them by conducting missions for other factions, trade or purchase resources, or conquer regions providing a steady flow of resources, and bonuses.
· A far larger game world will allow more distinction between ship sizes, pockets of empty space to travel through and your own giant space HQ where ships can be ‘parked’.
· Skill classes, attributed skills and perk progression will be revamped and rebalanced, as will levelling-up, the reputation system and diplomacy.
· Storyline vs Free-roam: The campaign storyline will be blended in with the more generic conquer quests. Free-roam mode strips all main storyline missions, but leaves side quests and generic freelance missions intact.
· A full branching dialogue scheme, the industry standard in modern RPGs.
· Technical additions include: x64 system only, projection mapping, deferred shading, physically based rendering and realistic physics.