Civil War: 1864 available now on the Mac App Store!
The thunder and fury of the American Civil War arrives on Mac as the next installment of Civil War: 1864, by Hunted Cow and HexWar, comes to the Mac App Store. Civil War: 1864 on Mac is available for $5.99 with no in-app purchases.
1864 saw the Union army make substantial gains against the Confederate forces in the American Civil War. Grant, replacing Halleck, took the risky gamble of attacking the Confederates on three different fronts. While Grant failed to gain any significant tactical advantage in any battle against Robert E. Lee, he succeeded at depleting Lee’s forces.
On the Western front, Sherman was able to capture Atlanta and seize Savannah. The Union’s control of the railways and waterways gave them an immense logistical advantage, which would become vital to the North’s eventual success. The Confederacy was ultimately fighting and losing a defensive war.
Key Game Features:
● High Definition Civil War Graphics.
● 7 Mission ‘Tutorial’ campaign.
● 7 Mission ‘Cold Steel’ campaign.
● 7 Mission ‘Duty and Pride’ campaign.
● 7 Mission Blockade campaign.
● 7 Mission ‘Freedom Calls’ campaign.
● All missions can be played as both sides (except the tutorial).
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
– Infantry with Muskets.
– Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
– Naval Gunboats.
– Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Four classes of infantry – Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Strategic Movement.
● Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
● iCloud Saves (also compatible with the iOS version of the game).