After the Deck Builder Update, that brought custom decks, and the introduction of facilities and subterfuge with the Stealth Update, today the death arrives from above. Players now have the opportunity to dominate the skies of Last Days of Old Earth thanks to the addition of the Air Update.
Decks can now be upgraded with new Aircraft Units with specific abilities such as Airstrike, Air Recon and Anti-Air adding a completely new layer of strategy to the game. Strike at the heart of your opponent’s forces from the air, softening up their armies or send out aircraft to scout and investigate unexplored areas of the map, quickly revealing the enemy’s plans.
Structures themselves can host new specific facilities for keeping enemy air units at bay. Skywatchers can count on Anti-Air ability to fortify their defences and shoot down hostiles. On the other side Automata has the Pulse Shielding technology that sum the Defence of Automata Units within the structure it resides, both during Airstrikes and normal combat.
Thanks to the Deck Builder players can create their own decks to build a specific play-style. Is it better to go with a stealth approach and sneak up on the enemy, or weaken opponents from the air? Which combination of heroes and units builds a well-balanced deck? Make a choice and test your deck in the online multiplayer or single player Skirmish mode.
The game is currently in Early Access on Steam and the Air update is the third of four planned major updates following the game’s initial launch.
“A rich strategy game filled to the brim with combat choices”
God is a Geek
“An interesting take on turn based strategy games.”
Final Boss Fight
“One of the most polished early access titles I have seen this year”
Grab the Games
About This Game
THE FIGHT FOR A DYING SUN
There is no space for defeat. Defeat means death on the battlefield or the end of our search for the last rays of a dying sun. We must escape these bitter, glacial wastelands and find a new home. A new future.
Last Days of Old Earth is a turn-based strategy game set in a far future world where the sun is dying. The remnants of humanity must migrate once a generation towards the equator where it is still warm enough to sustain life.
Spiritual successor to the cult classic PC game Armageddon Empires, Last Days of Old Earth invites you to become the leader of the human Skywatchers or the robotic Automata, two fundamentally opposed factions. In a hostile environment, where natural resources are almost depleted, you must fight your way to survive for one more turn. With scarcity goes rivalry, and only the law of the wild applies in this icy and desolate world.
Features at Day One of Early Access
• Explore the frost-covered ruins of the far future, discovering settlements and ruined cities, as well as satellites and space stations that have crashed back down to Earth. Discover and exploit resources to build your armies and defeat your opponents.
• Play as the Skywatchers Clan, the last inheritors of the once-great human legacy, or as the mysterious Automata, the robotic sentinels created by a vanished civilization for an unknown purpose – two different factions with very different play-styles.
• Play with powerful pre-selected army deck: tough Northwalk Veteran infantry, ancient Bearcat Landship tanks, the city-sized VN Walker mecha and many more.
• Use terrain to your advantage! Climb hills and mountains to gain increased line of sight, and hide in forests and ruins to shield your forces from attack.
• Fight your opponent’s army in thrilling turn-based battles, where smart tactics and clever deployment can tilt the odds, even against foes with superior numbers.
• Deploy 24 unique heroes to lead your armies with powerful game-twisting special abilities.
• There are special abilities that Heroes and Units have, they allow you to discover the best synergies and tactics that suit your play style.
• A skirmish mode that uses a randomly-generated map system, offering a different theatre of war every single game.
• Challenging but 100% fair AI opponents.
• A rich multiplayer offering, to take the hard-earned skills from single player, into the online arena.
Major planned updates
Full deck-building mode, to select precisely which cards you want to bring to the fight. Tailor decks around your favourite units and heroes, then take on opponents both online and off.
The introduction of Stealth, which will add sabotage, assassination, and more to the game. Infiltrate enemy bases with new units and heroes to sabotage key facilities and disrupt your opponent’s best-laid plans. Then deploy Sentinel units to uncover the enemy’s own hidden forces.
Air Strike, Anti-Air Defence, and Air Recon abilities: new gameplay mechanics and 4 brand new units join the fight, bringing exciting new tactical possibilities!
Introducing a full, story-driven, mission-based single player campaign, revealing more about the Skywatchers and their desperate struggle for survival against the Automata.