“dreeps”, the iOS game by Japanese creators unit YAKAN HIKO will be available for download worldwide on the Apple App Store starting January 21th.
“dreeps” is an “Alarm Playing Game”, a new type of game where you just have to set an alarm to enjoy an RPG adventure aimed at those who don’t have time to play time-consuming games anymore.
The game is set in a real-time universe which mixes sci-fi and fantasy with animated pixel-art graphics. The main character, a robot-boy will sleep and regain energy at the same pace than the user, then be able to beat bosses and climb ranks.
The main character will be gaining experience points after battles and level up, see some events happening or gain new companions and new alarms.
In fields or dungeons, no need to worry about battle strategy, everything is automatically generated and the adventure will progress even when the app is closed.
The player will have the opportunity to use his imagination to understand the story and the universe as there’s almost no text in the game. The screenshot upload feature will give the possibility to discuss about the game with friends on social networks.
The particular point of this app is to let the user enjoy gazing at the various landscapes and visuals and listen to the chiptune soundtrack.
■ Main features:
– A new gameplay using the alarm as a trigger
– User’s slept hours will have an impact on the adventure
– The more you sleep, the stronger your character will be.
– The progress through fields or dungeons as well as battles are automatic
– Beautifully crafted pixel-art graphics and animations
– A soundtrack with 25 different tracks with an 8-bit feel and many alarms
– A story that gives space to the player’s imagination and possibility to share thoughts about it on social networks
■ Site: http://dreeps.net
■ Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bxKTsEpNxo
Name of the app: dreeps
Developpement, publishing: YAKAN HIKO
App for iOS (worldwide release)
Genre: Alarm Playing Game
Release date: 2015 January 21th
Price : 300¥, 2,99$, 2,99€
(No in-app purchase, no ads)