Unique and Ambitious Multiplayer Melee Action Game Now Available on Steam
Netker Inc., a South Korean indie game dev company, has launched their multiplayer melee action game “Versus: Battle of the Gladiator” on Steam today. Versus was Greenlit on Steam Greenlight in April 2016, and launched on Steam Early Access on June 20th.
Versus features brutal and hardcore non-targeting melee combat with customizable equipment and combat move set. Each attack has unique traits, strengths and weaknesses, which turns each match into a dynamic and complex mind game. With its non-targeting combat system and real-time armor destruction, the combat of Versus revolves around dynamic situations with unlimited replay value.
2 new PvP maps were released on launch, along with other updates. “Prison of Lament” is a tournament map where 16 players fight a series of duel to determine the true champion. “The Octagon” is a team tagmatch map where one player from each team will advance to fight a fatal duel, until one of the team is eliminated. Also, party and storage system was implemented, and Lobby UI was completely revamped to improve player’s experience.
Versus is planning to continuously update new contents. New update will include Co-op PvE map, new weapons, new skills for each combat style, new craftable items and Steam Achievement. Netker is also working on 2 new game modes – PvP mode Siege and PvE mode Raid. In Siege, players must fight as the attacker or defender, utilizing various siege weapons to take or defend the castle. In Raid, players must cooperate with others to kill Mita, a gigantic warbeast tamed by Claderan Empire.
Early Access players had faith in Versus, and Netker was able to improve the game with their harsh but fair feedback. To express our gratitude for their support, Early Access players will be eternalized in the game’s credit by their character name. They will also be rewarded with a skill reset ticket, a unique ring which will grant both EXP and Gold boost, and in-game currency.
Versus: Battle of the Gladiator is available now on Steam, and supports Windows PC. Versus will be sold for the promotional price of $9.89 for 2 weeks after launch. After the promotion the price will become $14.99, which was lowered from Early Access price following the feedback during Early Access.
Versus is a gladiatorial PvP action game with brutal non-targeting melee combat. You’re a slave gladiator captured by Claderan empire, the conqueror of the world. Fight alone or team up with others in a bloody gladiatorial battle to prove your strength and skill.
– Brutal and hardcore non-targeting third person melee combat system
– 7+ combat styles with unique abilities which offers different combat experiences
– Unique strengths and weaknesses of each skill turns each match into a mind game
– Skill setting system that allows you to configure your own combat style
– Realistic armor parts destruction system which immediately affects gameplay
– Hundreds of weapons and armors obtainable, craftable and modifiable
– Various arenas inspired by the Roman Colosseum or medieval European castles
– Fight against up to 16 players in free-for-all or team vs team battle
– Challenge powerful bosses in Assault mode, or fight off waves of AIs in Horde mode