Versus: Battle of the Gladiator Launches via Steam Early Access (Video)
Experience non-targeting gladiatorial melee combat on 20 June
Netker Inc., a South Korean indie game dev company, has announced that their brutal and hardcore PvP action game Versus: Battle of the Gladiator will launch on June 20 via Steam Early Access. Versus made a surprising debut on Steam Greenlight as it was successfully Greenlit only after 3 days of its campaign.
On Early Access version of Versus, players will be able to experience jaw clenching non-targeting melee combat gameplay. Versus provides 7 unique combat styles – Onehanded, Dual Wield, Shielded, Hwando, Battleaxe, Greatsword and Warhammer. Each combat style has skills that are in strength-weakness relationship with others. This drives combat into complex mindgame, where reading your opponent’s next move gives you a massive advantage.
On launch, there will be 3 PvP arena available – the Catacomb, the Colosseum and the Excalibur. The Catacomb and the Colosseum are both Team Deathmatch maps, and the Excalibur is a Deathmatch map with a twist. For those who want some sparring combat against AI, there are 3 PvE horde maps and 7 tutorial maps available.
Netker is planning to release new contents regularly; players will be able to access new maps, items and skills for free during its Early Access period. Netker is also going to reflect the feedback and criticism of community on their development – not only minor details and balance issues, but also their long term plan concerning system and contents.
Versus: Battle of the Gladiator will be available on 20 June, 2016 for $19.99 on Steam, and supports Windows PC.
Versus is a gladiatorial PvP action game with brutal non-targeting melee combat. You’re a slave gladiator captured by Claderan empire, the conqueror of the world. Fight alone, or team up with other players in a bloody gladiatorial battle to prove your strength.
– Brutal and hardcore non-targeting third person melee combat system
– 7+ combat styles with unique abilities which offers different combat experiences
– Strength-weakness relationship between combat skills resulting in strong mindgame
– Skill setting system that allows you to configure your own combat style
– Realistic armor parts destruction system which immediately affects gameplay
– Hundreds of weapons and armors obtainable, craftable and modifiable
– Various arenas inspired by Roman Colosseum or medieval European castle
– Fight against up to 16 players in free-for-all or team vs team battle
– Challenge powerful bosses in Assault mode, or fight off waves of AIs in Horde mode