Who says Minotaurs always have to be the bad guys? Developed by Marobi Entertainment, A-Maze-In answers this ageless question with one of the most original and irreverent maze games this side of the Mediterranean Sea – and can be downloaded from the App Store starting today.
Embark on a quest as Mino, a teen Minotaur who attempts to rescue his true love, Mina, from her captor—facing Cyclops, Hydras, Harpies, and Centaurs through 5 unique islands and more than 110 mazes. Help Mino defeat five challenging bosses such as the terrifying Medusa, Cerberus the Hellhound, and even the Kraken itself!
If you want to stay in one piece, you can make use of Mino’s many Minotaur abilities—including special skills such as “Fire Belch” (a deadly burp that turns enemies into ash) and “Force of Nature” (fart to stun enemies!). Another strategy is to avoid the game’s deadly traps—such as floor spikes, giant boulders, crumbling floors, and flame throwers. Navigate the maze and locate the key (or keys!) that unlock the exit to proceed on your journey.
“We have the deepest appreciation for classic arcade games like Pac-Man and Gauntlet,” says Robert Pitman, executive producer at Marobi Entertainment. “A-Maze-In was inspired by the classics—but it charts its own path with a charming protagonist, lengthy campaign, and monsters taken straight out of Greek mythology. Ever wanted to play as a wind breaking, fire belching Minotaur? Well, now is your chance!”
● 110+ unique mazes to explore
● 5 distinct themes—from Medusa’s underground lair to the Kraken’s watery tomb
● 40 + achievements
● 11 different enemies: Harpies, Greek warriors, three-headed Hydras, and the inimitable Cyclops
● Great cartoon-style visuals and fun effects: Stun enemies by breaking wind or destroy them by belching fire!
● Dangerous traps to avoid —such as flamethrowers, crumbling floors, saw traps and giant boulders
● Find and use magic portals; collect potions to power up Mino’s special abilities; locate keys to open up new areas; and eat the bones of the dead to gain hearts and improve your score
A-Maze-In is free to download and play. In-app purchases are optional; players can find them in the aptly named “MinoStore.”