Niels Bauer Games Launches Beta Expansion for Smugglers 5
“It’s basically Elite… but turn-based. […]” – Rockpapershotgun.com (Blog entry – Smugglers 4)
“Smugglers 5 is an impressive and exceedingly addictive game.”
darkzero.co.uk (Smugglers 5 – Original game)
“It’s a game full of freedom of choice, allowing the player to make their way through the framework it provides in just about whatever manner they please.”
incgamers.com (Smugglers 5 – Original game)
14th March, 2014 – Niels Bauer Games (www.nielsbauergames.com) is proud to announce the beta / early access version of “Smugglers 5: Invasion”, a standalone expansion for the space trading/combat game, Smugglers 5.
Smugglers 5 is the fifth installment in the turn-based single-player space trading game series. Will you be a greedy trader, an ambitious fleet pilot or a ruthless pirate? Board enemy ships, manage factories, conquer star systems and forge your own galactic empire – ultimately, your actions will have an impact on a galactic scale.
The expansion adds a new alien race with new ships, new skills, new star systems, an improved combat system, improvements to the game graphics including screen resolution and much more.
Smugglers 5: Invasion starts where the original game ended. After years of civil war, the Federation finally emerged victorious, crushing all rebellion. The galaxy looked forward to a period of peace, a chance to repair the damage of a long and bitter war.
Then came the Jalkath, a new alien race. To the humans, they looked much like the tigers of Old Earth, and they soon proved themselves to be every bit as cunning and dangerous. The newcomers were swift and brutal in their assault, deploying terrifying weapons and subjugating entire systems before their victims even knew what was happening. The Federation has rallied a defence against the invaders, and now both sides struggle for dominance.
War has returned to the galaxy. For the right kind of captain, it’s a whole new chance for fame and fortune. Will you fight for the survival of your race? Trade and smuggle goods to make your fortune? Or play both sides against each other for your own profit?
Want to see more from the Smugglers series? Vote for it on Steam Greenlight (URL: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237691523) and support development by purchasing the original Smugglers 5 – the prequel to this expansion.
A selection of the most important new Features of the Expansion:
– A new, playable alien race (the Jalkath) with new skills and professions.
– Revised ship to ship combat. The skill bar at the bottom now randomly selects a “deck” of available skills, giving the game more diversity. The “deck” changes during combat.
– Six new alien star systems
– Exploration stories revised and new stories added to many systems.
– More than 10 new alien ships and squadrons, ranging from fighters to capital ships.
– Carriers added to the game with unique abilities – launch bombers, interceptors and escort vessels.
– Introducing new race-dependent news broadcasts and events.
– 20 new skills, including some that limit the skills available to your enemies. Existing skills have been revised to suit the new combat system and new ships.
– Conquering the enemy’s home system will immediately win the war.
– Artificial intelligence improvements
– The two main game screens now have a higher display resolution.
Top features of Smugglers 5 (Original game):
• Explore the galaxy through a fast turn-based travel and combat system
• 4 factions; 6 professions with new, unique skill trees; 100+ different skills and a revised skill system
• 30+ spaceships and encounters ranging from fighters to battleships, cruise missiles and star bases
• Non-linear war and campaign system. You can influence the war!
• Manage a crew, board enemy ships, become an Admiral and command whole fleets
• Plunder planets and pirate outposts, conquer space systems and even rule your own empire!
• Supply and demand based trading with prices influenced by storyline and campaign
• Advanced text generation technology and new short stories for planet exploration make every game different
• Marry a beautiful wife and have children
• Optional compatibility mode to allow blind players to enjoy the game
• and much more …
There’s a ship in the hangar and the stars are calling to you. Don’t keep them waiting.
Get the game at: http://www.nielsbauergames.com