Armillo is a unique, fun rolling platforming game with a sci-fi parallel universe theme and features a good amount of varying gameplay elements. For one, there is the regular 3D world, followed by a bonus stage on the moon. Then there is the evil parallel universe, and special 2D speed-run inspired worlds. Lots of unexpected deadly twists, and surprises await!
The star of the game features a space armadillo named Armillo. He’s not your usual armadillo as he’s capable of blasting off to space in order to travel from planet to planet. He’s joined by his little blue critter friends and his brother. What’s supposed to be a peaceful galaxy becomes ruined by the invasion of the robotic Darkbots. Where are they from? Why are they here? But one thing for sure, they certainly are not the friendly type.
· Roll, jump, and boost through multiple spherical worlds.
· 2D worlds, inspired by speed runs, are hidden throughout the 3D worlds. Unlock and discover them all!
· Enter the Parallel Universe on each world and escape before time runs out!
· Various items that gives Armillo different powers are littered throughout the worlds!
· Battle bosses in their very own worlds. Chase, then destroy them through their multiple stages of attack!
· Lots of fun puzzle elements, including puzzles that are to be solved between the two parallel universes.
· Collect orbs and use them in the in-game shop to unlock new abilities, new levels, and more!
· Supports off-TV play, Wii U Controller Pro, and an optional tilt control mechanism.
· Estimated game release date: Q2 2014, exclusive on the Wii U for at least 3 months
“Is Armillo The Feel-Good Story Of PAX 2013? It Is For Me.” – Stephen Totilo of Kotaku
“It definitely oozes style and charm. I can’t wait to see more of Armillo when it comes out later this year.” – Nintendo World Report
“I played the first 4 worlds of Armillo last night. My thoughts: Instant indie classic!” – Nintendo Enthusiast