Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut, the latest campaign in the award winning Shadowrun RPG series from Harebrained Schemes, is now available in the App Store for iPad and in Google Play for Android tablets. Through its smart, novel-like narrative full of sharp prose and deep character development, the game transports players into a gorgeous and intriguing cyberpunk-meets-magic world populated by characters that only the Shadowrun setting could produce.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut is Harebrained’s biggest Shadowrun title to date and the perfect entry point for players with no prior Shadowrun experience. For the first time, mobile players can experience Dragonfall’s diverse set of characters and exciting missions in a tablet game that features a redesigned interface, a revamped combat system, new team customization options and a new soundtrack to enhance gameplay.
“Dragonfall brings a really deep story experience to the tablet that is hard to find in the mobile industry,” said Jordan Weisman, co-founder of Harebrained Schemes and creator of the Shadowrun game universe. “Text-based games like this, which don’t require the player to have the audio turned on, work really well on mobile. We are excited to bring Dragonfall to a new platform and for the future of the Shadowrun franchise.”
• A Classic, Story-Driven cRPG in a Unique Cyberpunk Setting: Dragonfall hearkens back to the golden age of computer RPGs with the unique “Tech meets Magic” dystopian future of Shadowrun, a fan-favorite game setting now celebrating its 25th anniversary.
• • 20+ Hours of Gameplay: Be immersed in the captivating Dragonfall campaign that pairs players with a diverse cast of all-too-human characters. Operate out of an offbeat hub neighborhood in Berlin while choosing missions and navigating the dark underbelly of the Flux State, where players must face challenging enemies and make tough choices in order to help their team prevail.
• Command and Customize Your Team: Lead a small team of Shadowrunners – each with their own outlook, problems, and backstory; along with a distinct set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses that together are designed to play contrasting roles during missions. Guide team members as they progress in each of their unique roles, grant them new items and abilities and customize their inventory for each mission. It’s not all about the mission, however – each team member also has challenges to face in their personal lives.
• Gripping, Turn-Based Tactical Combat: When running the shadows, every turn matters! Players must choose their actions wisely – move to better cover, charge into melee, or lob a fireball into a crowd of enemies. With over 200 weapons and spells at the player’s disposal, every turn is filled with meaningful choices. An all-new combat and armor system adds another tactical layer to the experience, while refined cover and damage mechanics emphasize the importance of battlefield positioning. Complementing these improvements is an upgraded AI system which reacts smarter and more accurately to your actions.
• Skill-Based Character Progression: The classless skill system in Dragonfall allows players to grow characters in any direction. Choose a starting character archetype and build from there: Street Samurai and Physical Adepts use advanced combat skills to dominate the battlefield; Shamans and Mages summon powerful allies and cast deadly spells; and Riggers and Deckers provide critical technological support, projecting their consciousness directly into drones and computer systems.
• Robust soundtrack: Fan-favorite composer Jon Everist enhances the Shadowrun experience with ten new moody cyberpunk tracks.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $6.99, the tablet version of Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut is available for iPad on the App Store and for Android tablets on Google Play.
• Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut Official Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUktyFHrb4