Omega Quintet is on Steam
Ghostlight are delighted to announce that Idol JRPG, Omega Quintet, is on Steam.
So, what is Omega Quintet?
Humanity is in peril! A deadly phenomenon known only as ‘Blare’, threatens to consume all life on earth and is eating away at the minds of humans worldwide. No conventional forces can stop the rapid spread of this evil foe, but in one city a small population is making a stand…
Enter the Verse Maidens: five exceptional girls with powerful musical abilities, are the only ones who offer any hope! These inspiring, adorable idols must use their powers of song and dance to wipe out the Blare forever. Now the Verse Maidens’ strength and courage are all that’s left to protect the people, their hopes and their dreams…
Omega Quintet is a hybrid JRPG and Idol Simulation. Use your five super-cute idols’ sound weapons against the Blare’s evil forces. Build an arsenal of deadly attacks and skills and hype up your fans to unlock powerful combo attacks.
· Every battle is a stage, so play to the crowd! In Concert Mode gain a boost from your music, fill your Voltage Gauge faster and unlock your most powerful special skills.
· Extensively customize your idols’ looks. Change outfits, accessories, hair and mics. Be careful enemies don’t hit you with an outfit-busting “Costume Break”, leaving you vulnerable to attack and red-faced in front of your fans!
· Sing your foes into oblivion using the “Harmonics” system: weave different idols’ skills into incredibly deadly chain combos. Add each skill in the correct order to multiply the pain!
· Use the powerful PVS system to choreograph and produce unique music videos of your idols greatest hits. Then use your mouse to throw in extra effects during the concert!
Ghostlight are hopeful that fans will really enjoy this Steam release of Omega Quintet as it features a an impressive number of enhancements over the original console release, which itself received some very positive reviews:
- In their 4.5/5 review, Digitally Downloaded were huge fans, saying: “This is, effectively, an independent game from a small, creative team. And it’s a massive success at being that. It’s a deep JRPG mixed with both satire and humour, it’s something you haven’t seen before, and most importantly: it’s fun. Real, genuine fun.”
- RPGSite gave Omega Quintet a very solid 7/10, saying: “Far and away, the best feature in Omega Quintet are the battles themselves. Compile Heart put a lot of work into providing a complex system.”
- Rice Digital said “Omega Quintet is an amazing title and a great start to the new generation of consoles for Compile Heart.”