Ripstone Games are celebrating the launch of Chess Ultra on Nintendo Switch™, the most breath-taking chess game ever made and TIGA Awards finalist for Best Strategy Game.
Chess Ultra features stunning visuals, seamless cross-platform online multiplayer and Grandmaster-approved AI that offers the ultimate chess experience.
Key features of the game include…
- Stunning environments and beautiful chess sets, including a ‘Fire and Brimstone’ chess set that literally burns
- 10 Grandmaster approved AI levels
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, all available online
- Intuitive local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Cross-platform online play between Xbox One and PC
- Spectate and compete in Official Ripstone tournaments
- Numerous playing options including full touch screen and cross-table playing modes
- Over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- In-depth tutorials
Chess Ultra fully utilizes the array of intuitive playing options on Nintendo Switch™. Fans can play on the big screen with the console docked, in tabletop mode with the Pro Controller, and on the go in handheld mode using either the Joy-Con™ controllers or by taking advantage of full touch screen functionality. Additional to this, the game also includes a unique way for two people to play the game in local multiplayer cross-table playing mode, whereby the console acts as the chess board. Place the console down between you and your opponent to play cross-table chess. Each player uses an individual Joy-Con™ controller to take their turn, and the game features an adaptive UI for cross-table play meaning you can focus on your strategy and enjoy the ultimate table top challenge.