Lichthund’s action arcade lightspeer-tossing simulator will launch on Steam (Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and PS4 on September 27th. The PS Vita version will follow a month later.
Lichtspeer is a one-of-a-kind mixture of pulp science fiction, German sci-fi comics, VHS retro cassettes, Nordic mythology and space-age fantasy. In the actual game, you play as a guy or a girl from a Germanic spacetime with the mission to kill and die for the amusement of the evil Lichtgods, armed only with your mighty lightspear.
The basic gameplay is simple, yet challenging and rewarding at the same time – players don’t actually move and the single way to interact with the game is with the use of their weapon. It’s the environment that constantly surprises – every stage of the game is different in its level design, puzzles and enemy types. The unique boss fights make the level progression fun and engaging, and fighting with style and finesse will be rewarded by unlocking mighty power-ups and upgrades.
AIM. SHOOT. KILL. DIE. THE LICHTGODS DEMAND IT. This is LICHTSPEER.
Lichtspeer main features:
– Experience an uber fantastich mix – a mix of arcade action and lightspear-throwing simulation.
– Battle a diverse legion of gargantuan bosses – exploit their weaknesses and smash them into pieces.
– Discover the lands of ancient Germanic future – fight hordes of Biedermeier beasts from another dimension: Wurst Zombies, Evil Spacedwarfs, Skater Walruses, you name it.
– Show off your lichtmeister skills – decapitate your enemies with headshots, execute special attacks, and generate zuper massive combos to improve your score and impress your friends!
– Rave to a bombastich space-soundtrack – ranging from electro-space marches to vibrating sounds of technocumbia.
– Rise to the challenge – see if you got what it takes to beat the cruel Rage Quit and New Game+ modes.