War for the Overworld’s first expansion releasing May 27th, free to early adopters! (Video)
War for the Overworld’s first expansion, Heart of Gold, launches on Steam on May 27th, 2016. It continues where the original game left off, with 4 earth-shattering new Campaign levels, a smattering of new defences, units and spells, and a gleaming new Dungeon Theme! This builds upon the 39 free patches that have massively improved the game since launch, including the recently released patch 1.3 with Map Editor and Steam Workshop support.
Heart of Gold features:
· An expanded story told across 4 brand new, fully voice acted Campaign levels, this time played from the perspective of Underlord Kasita. The levels are more open-ended than in the original game, directly addressing feedback from our player base.
· An additional 4 Aspects to master: Sentinel (defence), Gild (spell), Aureate Monolith (construct), and a golden Titan – the Colossus.
· A new Dungeon Theme for Kasita, which includes Core, tiles, walls, Worker skin, and a much-requested custom Hand of Evil.
· New terrain, system overhauls, Map Editor features and much more!
Heart of Gold is priced at just £5.59 / $7.99 / €7.99.
The expansion also constitutes the Early Adopter Bonus for those that purchased War for the Overworld on or before May 2nd, 2015 (which includes Kickstarter backers, Early Access customers, and owners of the physical Underlord Edition). These players will be able to download Heart of Gold from Steam for free when it launches.
This expansion is the next in a long line of updates that have added heaps of new content and fixes since launch. Some of the meatiest updates so far: 4-player Multiplayer mode; Map Editor with Steam Workshop support; balance passes to all game modes. We’ve also worked hard to address player feedback in numerous areas.
Heart of Gold will release alongside the free patch 1.4, Gold Rush, which will introduce further improvements to the base game, including:
· Contextual tutorial system
· Revamped Titan system
· Improved combat
· New unit voices, VFX, animations and behaviours
· Significant performance improvements
War for the Overworld is a highly-praised Dungeon Management Game developed by Brightrock Games (formerly Subterranean Games), which was released on Steam for Windows, Mac and Linux on April 2nd, 2015.