WARRIORS OROCHI 3 ULTIMATE IN DEVELOPMENT FOR PLAYSTATION 4 AND XBOX ONE
TECMO KOEI Europe today announced that WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate is in development for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, PS®Vita and Xbox One. WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate marks the tactical action series’ first launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One worldwide.
Fans will experience WARRIORS OROCHI 3 in a brand new light as they enter the fray with the implementation of new generation console features, new storylines and scenarios. There is enough new gameplay content and depth of replayability to satisfy warriors of all levels including special cross over characters and battle stages from ATELIER and NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2, as well as a special guest character from the Soulcalibur series: Sophitia. The next evolution of the OROCHI universe, WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate, awaits fans this fall 2014.
New Features in WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate:
– One Warrior against a Thousand Battles— Densely populated battlefields with up to 100 enemies on screen, each with progressive AI add to the exhilarating battle, amplified by new moves including Aerial Special attacks, Triple Rush (a system which allows the player the ability to switch between individual characters or unleash attacks as a party of 3 and the powerful finishing move, True Musou Burst executable by up to 6 characters
– New and Crossover characters— The legion of warriors is larger than ever with 145 playable characters including the introduction of Abe Seimei, Shennong, and Tamamo just 3 of 9 that are new to the series, cameos include Xu Shu from DYNASTY WARRIORS and Rachel from the NINJA GAIDEN series with more to be announced.
– Captivating Lands and Stages— Lands and battlefields are dramatically rendered drawing from the dark, sinister imagery in the OROCHI series totaling 51 distinct stages with cross-over stages melding universes including Atelier, NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2, DYNASTY WARRIORS and SAMURAI WARRIORS, furthermore, Musou Battlefields allow for customization including character models and battle cries
– The mythology of the OROCHI universe expands— A new main storyline brings the heroes together again after the death of the Demon Snake as they are called upon by a mysterious stone to return to the chaotic din of battle. Additionally, new side stories provide a multitude of new scenarios and uncover secrets, the story extends with the ability to battle from a different point of view or even “what if” hypothetical stages that exist in a parallel world
– Gameplay modes— Adding to both Online and Offline competition, new modes include Duel Mode, a fusion of team battles (up to 3 vs 3) and card battles, Craft Weapons function to alchemy even more powerful weapons, Officer Requesting and Summoning, Formation Skills and Dragon Portals that can be used to escape the battlefields, weaken enemies or recover party members Life Gauge
– Share experiences Online— PS4™ system players will be able to capture screenshots and live stream, share and see live comments which can impact either players’ games or co-op in Story mode, Free Mode and the new Gauntlet Mode
– Cross-Play and Cross Save functionality— Co-op, data sharing and saving, and save data is now possible between PS4™ system, PS3™ system and PS Vita system versions, including save data importing of the original WARRIORS OROCHI 3 on PlayStation 3