Easy remember, the date of the 5th anniversary of BOH. There is no
better way to celebrate the event than releasing a brand-new edition that
majestically closes the incredible evolution the game underwent since its
The 5th Anniversary Edition:
* includes all the updates released previously;
* reworks the video modes handling (full screen by default; window on
16-bit screens allowed; more robust; etc.);
* adds the CRT and LCD pixel modes;
* adds the 5x zoom;
* adds 5 new missions, bringing the total to a massive 60;
* assigns the pause to the [ESCAPE] key (instead of a specific key), which
thus no longer causes the immediate abort of the current mission;
* reworks the menu controls (more keys; do not depend anymore on the
in-game controls configuration);
* adds the emergency configuration reset (assigned to the key [F12]);
* adds the screenshot functionality (assigned to the key [F1]);
* makes quitting by means of [ALT]+[F4] available on all platforms;
* sets the default URL for records submission to http://www.retream.com/BOH
(it is no longer necessary to specify such URL manually in the configuration
* replaces the copy code with an email address for the records submission;
* updates the manuals;
* applies many other optimizations/changes/fixes, for more performance,
polish and robustness.
It comes on a new CD image that contains:
* the AmigaOS, AROS, Linux, MacOS and Windows versions;
* universal installers that can install the game from scratch or update any
* the soundtrack (CD-quality audio files and print-quality jewel case
It is now available also from IndieGameStand*, besides Desura*, Gameolith*
and, of course, the official website.
Users can download it for free from
http://www.retream.com/BOH/download.php?ID=code (where “code” is the
personal copy code).
The demos have been updated to reflect the changes.
*Please note that it might take a few days before the updated version
appears on these shops.
BOH is a unique retro-flavoured puzzle-riddled dungeon crawler spiced up
with thrilling action.
You move in claustrophobic, mysterious, dangerous battlefields searching for
the Evil Masters, who throw countless enemies at you until you discover and
face them in the final battle. Although your quests are made slightly less
hard by the power-ups scattered all around, carrying out the missions
demands lots of concentration and quick reflexes.
With BOH the fun never ends: new missions can be added anytime and you can
even create your own! And, as if that was not enough, you can also customize
entirely its audio-visual aspect!
BOH has been created with lots of passion and care to offer, with its
oldschool style, a fascinatingly different videogaming experience.