The Humanity Hypothesis announcement (Video)
In the future, our world is plagued with violence and destruction. You awake in a room and the robotic voice states its hypothesis: Humanity will not survive without intervention. You were selected to explore this hypothesis. Help the voice understand the nature of violence and how it affects people, and see if the hypothesis can be disproven.
This is not a single linear story. There are many different roles that you can assume and viewpoints to adopt. Your responses influences the voice, changing how it perceives humanity. Your answers will determine the fate of the world. Are you ready to explore the hypothesis?
The Humanity Hypothesis is the latest game project from game developers Dave Toulouse and Brian ‘Psychochild’ Green, published by Machine 22.
“I’m very excited to work on The Humanity Hypothesis. I love the idea of letting the player truly pick and play a role in the game. A discussion of technology, how we deal with it, and how we need to address issues of violence makes for a compelling experience.” – Brian Green, narrative designer for The Humanity Hypothesis.
“We are approaching this theme in a way that hasn’t been addressed in any other game. I hope we’ll surprise players by challenging what they expect from a dialog-based game.” – Dave Toulouse, programmer for The Humanity Hypothesis.
· Experience a carefully crafted story set in the near future.
· Multiple roles, dialogue choices, and endings provide tremendous replayability.
· Interact with the game through a specific role defined by the player.
· Discuss the nature of violence and how it impacts both the individual and society.
· Choose the answer to questions that fit your character’s point of view.
· Explore various locations in first-person.
· Find information and clues about the world of the future.
· Solve the mystery of who, or what, is asking the questions.
· Find out the fate of humanity, determined by your answers.
The Humanity Hypothesis will be released for PC and Mac, in early 2017.