The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & PizzaBoy went live on the Apple App Store as a premium title – about two months after its successful debut on Windows PC. Written and illustrated by the makers of the graphic novel series, the app brings humorous old-school adventure gaming to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. An Android version follows soon.
In cooperation with Buenos Aires-based games developer OKAM Studio, Deep Silver FISHLABS has now released The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & PizzaBoy on the Apple App Store for USD 4.99/GBP 3.99/EUR 4.99. Backed by a global Kickstarter community, the game directly ties in with the homonymous graphic novel trilogy, whose third chapter was published by Dark Horse Comics in the United States in November 2015. To offer the fans the “real deal”, the developers have worked hand in hand with the driving forces behind the comics, author Filipe Melo as well as illustrators Juan Cava and Santiago Villa.
The hilarious narrative of The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & PizzaBoy takes place in the beautiful but haunted city of Lisbon, the monster capital of the world. Here, the players take over the role of Eurico, a former pizza delivery guy, who works as the unpaid apprentice of occult investigator Dog Mendonça. Together with a moody gargoyle’s head and a tough-as-nails demon, Eurico has to solve a criminal case beyond belief. Besides superb comic-styled graphics and fun-to-solve riddles, The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & PizzaBoy also features made-for-mobile controls and full voice acting as well as a ton of references to pop and nerd culture.
• Adventure gaming meets the supernatural: Solve a criminal case beyond belief
• An all-new story: Unravel a mystery based on the popular comic books published by Dark Horse
• Monster mash: Team up with a middle-aged werewolf, a severed gargoyle’s head and a tough-as-nails demon trapped in the body of a little girl
• Gore-geous graphics: Feast your eyes on hand-made visuals with astonishing attention to detail
• The real deal: Play a game developed in close cooperation with the guys who made the comics
The initial purchase of The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & PizzaBoy on the App Store for USD 4.99/GBP 3.99/EUR 4.99 grants full access to all content and features. There are no fee-based chapters or other in-app purchases. Shortly after its release on the App Store, the game will also launch on Google Play.