KontrolFreek announced its lineup of Nintendo Switch-compatible Performance Gaming Gear, marking the company’s first major product platform expansion since its founding in 2009. The addition of Switch products to its portfolio allows KontrolFreek to enhance the gaming experience for the Nintendo community, which has voiced concerns over the functionality of the Switch’s Joy-Con controllers.
The flagship product in the company’s Nintendo Switch line is KontrolFreek Turbo. This Performance Thumbstick™ set adds 83 percent more surface area and 4.4mm of height to standard Switch Joy-Con thumbsticks for more comfortable and precise gameplay experiences. Key product features include:
● Available in black and neon red/blue color variants
● Uses KontrolFreek’s proprietary composite material to create a strong, versatile grip that helps reduce wrist, hand and thumb fatigue
● Designed for use in games like Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2
Additional products in KontrolFreek’s Nintendo Switch line include:
● FPS Freek® Thumbstick Sets for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller: KontrolFreek now offers three of its best-selling legacy Performance Thumbstick sets for Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers, including FPS Freek Inferno, FPS Freek Galaxy and FPS Freek CQC™ Signature. Each set adds varying degrees of thumbstick height to increase range of motion and improve precision, ensuring players are better equipped for navigating difficult platforming sections in Super Mario Odyssey or “inking” out victories in Splatoon 2.
● KontrolFreek Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch: The screen protector is designed to keep Switch screens in pristine condition without sacrificing clarity. The 9H rated tempered glass is precision-cut for placement on the Switch and applies easily without distracting air bubbles. It features an oleophobic coating and anti-shatter film for additional protection.
● Performance Grips™ for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller: KontrolFreek’s Performance Grips use a combination of advanced materials to give gamers better control, support and comfort during gaming sessions. They are easy to apply and can be repositioned without leaving a sticky residue.
All products in KontrolFreek’s Nintendo Switch line, which range from $9.99 to $14.99, will launch on Oct. 24, 2017, but are currently available for pre-order at retailers across the globe, including GameStop and JB Hi-Fi.
“Nintendo Switch has taken the gaming industry by storm and will continue to be the hottest gaming device this holiday season, but it’s not perfect,” said Kelly Eisenberg, Senior Brand Manager at KontrolFreek. “One of the most common critiques we hear from gamers is that the size of the Joy-Con and its analog stick can create an uncomfortable experience after playing games for multiple hours. Turbo and other products in our Switch line were designed to address that critique and are the perfect pieces of gear for all Nintendo fans this fall.”