In the mood for a stylish 2D adventure game inspired by Mad Max and 12 Monkeys? If so, you’re in for a treat with DEAD SYNCHRONICITY: TOMORROW COMES TODAY.
Published by BadLand Games and developed by Fictiorama Studios, Dead Synchronicity is an unsettling point-and-click adventure that hits PlayStation 4 (digital and boxed) and Xbox One digital on Tuesday, October 4th.
The game tells the story of Michael — a man with no past who must recover his identity and decode the two events that brought the world to the edge of collapse. The first is the so-called “Great Wave” — an inexplicable chain of natural disasters. The second is a pandemic that has turned humans into “the Dissolved” — infected beings with special cognitive powers whose sick bodies will eventually dissolve into blood. If Michael doesn’t hurry, he won’t be able to avoid the impending moment of “dead synchronicity” … when Time itself starts to dissolve.
Featuring a script with dystopian overtones, Dead Synchronicity pays homage to classic adventure games such as The Secret of Monkey Island, Broken Sword, and Day of the Tentacle — with more mature themes along the lines of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream and Sanitarium. Solve each puzzle to get closer to the truth — guiding Michael to a future he may (or may not) be ready to face in this disturbing addition to the adventure genre.
* Revel in stunning 2D graphics that pay homage to German Expressionism.
* Solve puzzles to move the story forward and unravel a horrific sci-fi plot.
* Immerse yourself in a bloodstained world filled with dread.
* Enjoy a point-and-click interface reminiscent from ‘90s classics.
* Explore the world with old school “free-roaming” gameplay.
* Play with English or German voiceovers accompanied by an atmospheric score by indie rock band Kovalski.
Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today is due on PlayStation 4 on October 4th as a boxed and digital release, and Xbox One as a digital release.