Sayonara UmiharaKawase – Video gaming history coming to PC October 2015
Spring 2015 saw the rebirth of a classic gaming franchise when Sayonara UmiharaKawase + launched on PS Vita. As a result of the overwhelming success of the PS Vita Version, Agatsuma Entertainment is please to confirm that Sayonara UmiharaKawase will be available to purchase on PC in October 2015. This will be the first time ever that PC gamers will be able to experience what makes this game and the UmiharaKawase franchise so unique and brilliant.
Easy to play, difficult to master, Sayonara UmiharaKawase is a totally unique ‘Rubbering Action’ physics based puzzle platform game with over 20 years of gaming history.
Developed by the creators of the original game (Kiyoshi Sakai and Toshinobu Kondo), this cult classic was a Japanese indie smash hit before the rest of the world knew what a cult classic was!
Completely optimised for PC, play as ‘Umihara Kawase’ – a 20 year old backpacking Japanese sushi chef armed with a fishing rod, a rubber fishing line and a fishing hook. Avoid fish-like enemies, conveyer belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel and more. The deeper in to this dream-like game players venture, the more challenging the solutions and the greater the time pressure becomes. Along the way, look out for shortcuts and secret exits and unlock bonus levels.
It is the elasticity of Umihara’s rubber fishing line that has always set this franchise apart from all other rope games, giving unprecedented levels of mobility and discovery. Tightening the line or giving lots of slack can be the difference between success and failure. The bungee like nature of the fishing line allows the player to stretch down to otherwise unreachable areas or be catapulted upwards.
Key Game Features:
· The latest version of this classic 20-year old franchise
· Created by programmer Kiyoshi Sakai (also programmer on ‘The Mosquito’) and character designer & illustrator, Toshinobu Kondo – creators of the original game.
· Unique 1970’s Japanese visual style
· All the 60 new and re-envisaged classic stages, plus the new enemy placements as used in the PS Vita game but upgraded for PC
· Additional bonus levels available once the game has been completed
· Global time ranking
· Unlock bonus features including some brilliant KAWAII style art and nostalgic audio with bonus sound track from the original game
· 4 playable characters, each with their own special abilities
New Steam features
· Completely optimised for PC
· Trading cards
· Steam controller support
· Steam Cloud
In addition to the launch of Sayonara UmiharaKawase, Agatsuma Entertainment can also confirm the launch later this year on PC of 2 other classic games in the franchise – UmiharaKawase and UmiharaKawase Shun.
UmiharaKawase was the first game in the franchise, originally released in 1994 for console – it was the game that created a cult classic franchise. UmiharaKawase Shun was the second game in the series, launching in 1997. It was this game that moved the series to a side on 3D world. Further details regarding the launch of these 2 classic games will be released soon.
Title: Sayonara UmiharaKawase
Players: Single Player
Genre: ‘Rubbering Action’ Physics Puzzle Platform
Publisher: Agatsuma Entertainment Co., Ltd
Release Date: October 2015
SRP: $14.99 /14.99Euro / £10.99