Shiny The Firefly – next week on Steam
I’m happy to announce that Headup Games – in cooperation with Spanish developer Stage Clear Studios – will release their adorable game Shiny The Firefly on Steam next Friday, May the 16th 2014.
Due to its technical finesse on iOS and Android this classic platformer made a great stir in 2013 already; now it will release on Steam in a highly overhauled version – including gamepad support on PC, Mac and Linux as well as notably improved graphics, Steam Achievements and Trading Cards. (For a head-to-head comparison you will find a link at the end of this press release that redirects you to promotional materials.)
Press quotes (of the mobile versions):
· “Beautiful as a Pixar movie” [elmundo.es]
· “Shiny The Firefly is a diamond, a small collector’s piece that can be considered one of the best App Store games. [9.5/10]” [iosgamerszone.com]
· “The game is excellent, well-thought and with an addictive gameplay. […] One of the best games we’ve tried out recently. [5/5]” [appszoom.com]
· “The game is definitely one of the most felicitous releases of the week. Conclusion: BUY!” [appgefahren.de]
· “Shiny The Firefly easily impresses by its wonderful overall concept and the lovely execution right down to the last detail. [9/10]” [iplayapps.de]
o “Best Amazon App 2013” (Spain)
o “Best Creative Design – hóPlay 2013”
o 2nd place at “Unity-Windows 8 Award 2013”
What is it about in Shiny the Firefly?
Shiny is a challenging platformer in a heavenly environment and with great atmosphere. The player controls Shiny – the brave little firefly – at his search for his children who were scattered all over the garden. On his odyssey he has to master tricky trials of skill and demanding puzzles, he must protect his children from deadly dangers and fight back nasty enemies – even stealth will be in repertoire. Aside from big boss fights he will encounter many dangerous garden dwellers, such as stubborn mosquitoes, hungry toads, mischievous plants, sneaky wasps and endlessly long centipedes.
The colourful, gorgeous world will be a feast for the eye. Thanks to the great animation you will always know Shiny’s current feeling – if he is happy, frightened, tired, angry and so forth. This will help you to solve even the trickiest situations of the game. Also, use Shiny’s ability to use his glow with skill; only when he is lit up, his children will follow him. But beware, for this makes him an easier prey to his enemies…
Plus very direct gamepad controls, Steam Achievements and Trading Cards top off the whole thing – resulting in a great overall package. Can you reunite Shiny with his family?