The Westport Independent coming to Steam, iOS & Android on January 21st 2016! (Video)
The Westport Independent, the award winning and media acclaimed censorship simulator developed by Double Zero One Zero and published by Coffee Stain Studios (Goat Simulator, Sanctum, Sanctum 2), has finally received a release date.
The Westport Independent is coming out on January 21st 2016. Furthermore, press keys are available right now, so don’t hesitate to request a few!
Details about The Westport Independent
A game about Censorship, Corruption and Newspapers
The Westport Independent is a censorship simulator taking place in a post-war country, governed by the recently elected Loyalist Party. As the editor of one of the last independent newspapers in the country, your job is to remove and edit the content of your paper, affecting the people’s opinion of both the rebels and the Loyalist government. With an increase of rebel activity and an ever watching government breathing down your neck, whose truth will you print?
· Change the content and meaning of your articles by censoring them to your liking. While you can’t lie, you don’t have to tell the whole truth either.
· Employees with fleshed out character, who will not only react to your actions, but also discuss them with other colleagues.
· Receive letters and messages from public figures, rebel leaders, employees and other characters affected by your actions.
· Hundreds of articles, with different articles being picked for each playthrough.
· Adaptive stories where your actions affect the opinions of the people, which in turn affects what happens in the city, and lastly affects the stories you receive.