Game publisher Not Doppler and developer Toffee Games have today announced that Earn to Die 2 will be released on Steam next Thursday May 5, for PC and Mac.
Originally starting as a web-game series before becoming a hit mobile game, Earn to Die 2 sees players steer vehicles through a zombie apocalypse, literally smashing through zombie hordes along the way.
An evacuation ship is waiting on the other side of the country. The only thing that stands in your way: city after city overrun by zombies. With only a run-down car and a small amount of cash your mission soon becomes clear… to drive through hordes of zombies in order to survive!
· A Story Mode, 10 times longer than the web versions
· Awesome ragdoll physics. Smash into zombies and send them flying.
· 10 vehicles, including a sports car, a police car and even an ice cream van. Be sure to upgrade them with armored frames, roof-mounted guns, boosters and more.
· A city setting with multi-tiered levels. Drive over highway overpasses, via underground tunnels and smash through epic zombie-filled factories.
· Destructible vehicles. Watch your vehicle get smashed into smithereens if you’re not too careful! Thankfully vehicles auto-repair themselves in time for each race.
· For those who complete Story Mode, a Missions Mode awaits.
· Full HD graphics and playable at 60fps.
· Steam Controller support. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the zombie-smashing action from your couch in Big Picture Mode.
· And did we mention the epic zombie-filled factories?
Pricing and Availability
Earn to Die 2 will be available on Steam from next Thursday May 5, for PC and Mac.
The game will be priced at US$4.99, with a 20% launch discount for the first week, bringing the launch price to US$3.99.
The game’s interface and subtitles will be localised in 12 languages, including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Brazilian Portuguese.