F1 2015 – coming to Linux May 26th (Video)
Feral Interactive announced today that F1 2015 will be released on May 26th for Linux; it will be the first ever FORMULA ONE™ game to grace Linux. Developed and published by Codemasters for consoles and Windows PC, F1 2015 is the most realistic simulation of FORMULA ONE racing ever.
F1 2015 puts players at the heart of the action with an all-new version of Codemasters’ acclaimed EGO engine that recreates the blisteringly fast and highly-responsive racing cars of FORMULA ONE, the world’s most glamorous, exciting and prestigious motorsport.
“We are delighted to be releasing the first F1 game to come to Linux,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive, “F1 2015 strikes a fine balance between accurate simulation and accessibility and will appeal to open-wheel motorsport fans of all persuasions.”
F1 2015 for Linux will be available through Steam, the Feral Store and other online stores for US $54.99/£39.99/€49.99.
Minimum system requirements call for an Intel i3 or AMD FX-6300 CPU with at least 4.0GB RAM, a 1GB NVIDIA 640 series graphics card with driver version 364.19, and Ubuntu 16.04 (64bit) or SteamOS 2.0. Recommended system requirements call for an Intel i7 4770 CPU, 8GB RAM and an NVIDIA 970 graphics card with driver version 364.19.
More About F1 2015
Race like a champion in F1 2015 – get closer than ever before to the experience of racing in the world’s most glamorous, exciting and prestigious motorsport. F1 2015 puts you in the heart of the action with a stunning new game engine that recreates the blisteringly fast and highly responsive racing cars of FORMULA ONE™ and features all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ that immerses you in the unique race day atmosphere. F1 2015 is the official videogame of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and also features fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ bonus content. Compete as your favourite FORMULA ONE star in the new Championship Season and push yourself to the limit in the challenging Pro Season mode. Hone your skills in the new Online Practice Session, and then challenge your friends and racing rivals from across the world in Online Multiplayer.
• A STUNNING NEW GAME ENGINE – A brand new game engine, built from the ground up for the latest consoles and PCs allows players to experience FORMULA 1™ in unprecedented detail.
• THE MOST RELEVANT FORMULA 1 GAME YET – An earlier release in the racing calendar and with free digital updates set to keep the game up to date with the sport during the season, F1 2015 brings fans the most relevant FORMULA 1 videogame ever.
• THE MOST INCLUSIVE F1 RACING EXPERIENCE EVER – Featuring a naturally authentic purely physics-based handling model with enhancements and additions in over 20 areas, F1 2015 is designed to be player inclusive for both seasoned players and those new to the series.
• NEW GAME MODES – Immerse yourself in the new Championship Season, test yourself to the limits in Pro Season or use the new Online Practice Session to hone your skills before taking on rivals across the world in Online Multiplayer.
• BONUS CONTENT – Look back at last year’s exciting season and enjoy a fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ as bonus game content.