Feral Interactive today announced that HITMAN™ – Game of the Year Edition, the definitive edition of Io-Interactive’s creative stealth-action hit, is now available on macOS and Linux. Developed by Io-Interactive for Windows and consoles, and brought to macOS and Linux by Feral, HITMAN has been praised for its intricate, multi-layered levels and the freedom of approach it offers players.
As master assassin Agent 47, players will carry out contract hits on powerful, high-profile targets in exotic locations around the world. Each mission is set in a huge, detailed and heavily-populated sandbox level that challenges players to complete it in the most creative way possible.
HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition includes:
- The complete first season: All six locations – Paris, Sapienza, Marrakech, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido – brimming with irresistible opportunities, devious disguises, both high-tech and improvised weapons, and of course targets to eliminate.
- The Patient Zero mission arc: Four new missions based around a plot to ignite a viral pandemic.
- Three new Escalation mission packs: The Raven Pack, The Cowboy Pack and The Clown Pack each features its own suit, mission, and a killer reward to add to players’ arsenals.
“The Patient Zero mission arc and the Escalation mission pack offer HITMAN fans compelling and intriguing new ways to enjoy the game,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “For players yet to immerse themselves in HITMAN’s unique blend of exploration and execution, the Game of the Year Edition release is the perfect opportunity to kickstart their career in undercover assassination.”
On macOS, the game is supported on the following machines:
- All 27″ iMacs released since Late 2014
- All 15″ MacBook Pros released since 2016
- All Mac Pros released since Late 2013
The following Macs are capable of running the game but do not consistently meet the standards required for official support:
- All 15″ MacBook Pros with an AMD graphics card released in 2015
On Linux, the system requirements are as follows:
- Ubuntu 16.04, Steam OS 2.0
- Recommended: Ubuntu 16.10, Steam OS 2.0
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K, AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
- Recommended: Intel Core i7 3770, 4 GHz
- 8 GB
- 81 GB
- 2 GB Nvidia GTX 680 (Driver version 375.26), 2 GB AMD R9 270X (Driver version – Mesa 13.0.3)
- Recommended: 4 GB Nvidia GTX 970 (Driver version 375.26), 4 GB AMD Radeon R9 290 (Driver version – Mesa 13.0.3)
- Keyboard, Mouse
- Recommended: Game Pad
The following graphics cards are not supported: AMD Radeon HD 4xxx Series, AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series, AMD Radeon HD 6xxx Series, ATI Radeon HD2xxx Series, ATI X1xxx Series, all Intel cards and all Nvidia cards.