DeNA Co., Ltd., in partnership with The Pokémon Company, has announced that the Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo and Giovanni, the infamous leader of Team Rocket, are available to battle and add as a sync pair in Pokémon Masters. The real-time battling and strategy game can be downloaded on compatible iOS and Android devices.
The Psychic-type sync pair of Giovanni & Mewtwo will be featured in an in-game event titled “Lurking Shadow,” which will be available from now until December 18 at 9:59PM Pacific time. This event will allow players to battle against Giovanni & Mewtwo while also gaining more insight into their arrival on the island of Pasio and their relationship with Team Break, the primary antagonists of the game. Players who earn enough in-game rewards during the event will also be able to add the powerful duo of Giovanni & Mewtwo to their teams. Different than most sync pairs, special items obtainable only in the event will be required to “Unlock Level Cap” and learn “Moves & Skills” for this sync pair.
DeNA announced that the following additional content updates are now available in Pokémon Masters:
- Grimsley & Liepard Come to Pasio: The Dark-type sync pair of Grimsley & Liepard will be making their debut in the sync pair Spotlight Scout from now until December 18 at 9:59PM Pacific. Along with other sync pairs that have Dark-type moves like Cheren & Stoutland and Nanu & Persian, Grimsley & Liepard’s moveset may prove useful against some of the Psychic-type opponents in the “Lurking Shadow” event.
- Level Cap Increased to 120: Players are now able to train their 5★ sync pairs to Level 120 from a previous limit of 100. To help players strengthen their sync pairs faster, courses within the Training Area will now have a new difficulty level, “Ultra Hard”, which will allow players to earn Ultra Buff Blends and Ultra Tech Tonics.
- Login Bonuses and Special Missions: Players who log in each day during the “Lurking Shadow” event will be able to obtain up to 4,200 gems. Special missions that allow players to earn up to 1,500 gems will also be available.
Please check the in-game menus for more information. Note that in-game event dates are subject to change without notice.
Pokémon Masters is a free-to-start game with in-app purchases on compatible Android and iOS devices and can be downloaded at the links below:
- Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.a12026418
- App Store (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/app/id1442061397
The game is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese.