Galaxy on Fire™ – Alliances, the multiplayer space conquest simulation by renowned development studio Deep Silver FISHLABS, has just received a new language update, adding full localizations for the key territories of the Asian market. The update entitled “Asian Tongues” has gone live on the App Store earlier today and includes comprehensive translations of the app’s in-game texts into Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean. In addition, it also contains new gameplay features, such carrier grouping.
The latter enables the players of GOFA to send off several command ships, as well as the respective fighters, bombers and interceptors, at once. This option comes in particularly handy in the case of a major offensive with dozens of participants. Here, the carrier grouping makes the planning and execution of the individual fleet movements a lot easier.
The additional localizations on the other hand help Deep Silver FISHLABS to open new markets and drive more players to the global servers of Galaxy on Fire™ – Alliances. Now that all in-game content is available in the native languages of the targeted countries, the studio expects a considerable increase of registrations from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and South Korea. All in all, Galaxy on Fire™ – Alliances is now available in a total of 12 differing languages.
“Asia is a very interesting and promising market for us,” says Michael Krach, Executive Producer and Head-of-Studio at Deep Silver FISHLABS. “Mobile gaming is booming in Asia like nowhere else in the world and the players are particularly fond of immersive hardcore games with complex gameplay mechanisms and captivating multiplayer features. While we always had a core of dedicated fans and players from the Far East, the game itself is now much more accessible to local players, and the gaming experience will be even more rewarding than before. We’re really looking forward to welcome thousands and thousands of new players from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and South Korea to our servers!”
Galaxy on Fire™ – Alliances requires iOS 6 and runs on iPhone 4S (or newer), iPad 2 (or newer), iPad mini and iPod touch 5G. The full game can be downloaded from the App Store for free
About Galaxy on Fire™ – Alliances
Galaxy on Fire™ – Alliances is the first multiplayer game set in the iconic Galaxy on Fire universe. As such, the title puts its players into the roles of up-and-coming commanders of the Terrans, Nivelians or Vossk. Far beyond the final frontier, in a hazardous yet all the more promising region of space called the Shroud Nebula, these commanders set out to erect strong outposts, harvest invaluable resources and claim highly competitive territories. In order to stand their ground, however, they will have to band together and form powerful alliances that endure and defy even the strongest breaches and most devastating blows.
• The first Mobile Strategy MMO in the Galaxy on Fire™ universe
• A vast star map with more than 200.000 individual planets
• Epic space battles with hundreds of players
• Easy-to-access alliance system with varying coop features
• Global leader boards for individual players as well as multinational alliances and Facebook friends
• Three different alien species known from the previous GOF games
• High-end 3D graphics and state-of-the-art special effects
• Mobile-optimized user interface and intuitive touch controls
• Native resolution support for 4-Inch and 3.5-Inch Retina Displays as well as iPad
• Localized into 12 languages: English, German, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean