The Slaughter: Act One Released on iOS App Store
Today sees the release of Brainchild’s Victorian adventure game The Slaughter: Act One for iOS.
A serial killer is terrorizing the streets of Victorian London, and private investigator Sydney Emerson has hit a new low between finding lost dogs and receiving alleyway beatings. A turn of events sees Sydney forgoing his selfish nature and thrusting himself into perilous and increasingly surreal situations, treading a fine line between dreams and reality.
The Slaughter recreates Victorian London in all its decadence and depravity through an array of atmospheric locations and a cast of eccentrically British characters. The mystery intensifies in Sydney’s dreams, where logic is turned on its head and subconscious clues are woven into abstract Lynchian dreamscapes. At its heart, this unconventional adventure is the story of a man; disillusioned with life and the choices he’s made, trying to get through one day at a time.
Features of The Slaughter: Act One Include:
● A noir adventure laced with adult themes and dark humour.
● A faithful recreation of Victorian London, from decadence to depravity.
● Classic point and click gameplay in the vein of the LucasArts games of yore.
● Surreal dream-worlds holding subconscious clues.
● Follow the trail of a killer, or drown your sorrows at the pub.
● Original soundtrack blends film noir and traditional Victorian instruments.
● Episodic release in three acts.