CIRCLE Entertainment and EasyTech announced World Conqueror X, the latest entry in the popular war strategy series, is available on the Nintendo Switch.
This entry in the long-running series offers varied missions set in World War II, with a strong focus on history to add intrigue to each battle; it’s also been designed with key features for the Switch, including support for touch controls in handheld mode in addition to controller support for desktop or TV gaming.
Across dozens of battles and multiple campaigns, players manage a diverse range of troops and military units in turn-based conflict, utilising advanced resources such as air defenses while always being mindful of battlefield environments and cities. You can level up your HQ, capture enemy strongholds and also strengthen your own cities, build landmarks and gain access to powerful Generals based upon historical figures. Battles take place on the ground, at sea and in the air, requiring careful strategy for victory.
There are two main modes that combine to offer many hours of challenging strategic warfare. Scenario Mode includes Axis and Allied missions from WWII in Europe and in the Pacific, as you experience key historic battles from both sides. There are 40 missions (plus tutorial stages) to conquer.
You can also engage in Conquest Mode, choosing a starting point of 1939 or 1943. Choose from over 20 countries and seek strategic and military dominance over your foes.
- Turn-based strategic warfare based around key events from World War II.
- Engage in historic battles from both the Allied and Axis perspective in Scenario Mode, with 40 battles in total.
- Build your own wartime empire in Conquest Mode, choosing from over20 countries.
- Develop your HQ, earning access to powerful Generals and perks to turn the tide of battle.
- Consider all aspects of strategy – ground units, air and sea battles, establishing defenses and evolving your cities to boost your chances of success.
- Utilise touch controls in handheld mode or use a controller for portable, desktop or TV play.
- A Switch console exclusive.