After seven years in development, British games studio Freekstorm announced the launch of single player sci-fi puzzle adventure Doctor Kvorak’s Obliteration Game on Windows PC Desktop, the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift for $19.99 (£14.99 GBP) via Steam.
Doctor Kvorak’s Obliteration Game tells the story of a dastardly deity and an episode of his deadly galactic game show. Controlling all three talented contestants, players must pit their wits against the Doctor himself, an immortal trickster who will challenge and ensnare them every step of the way. They are competing for ultimate fame, fortune and fantastical prizes, but all is not what it seems, for losing risks the very annihilation of their world.
Freekstorm has been working on Dr Kvorak’s Obliteration Game for many years. What originally started out as a small project for an independent film festival eventually turned into a full length Windows PC and Virtual Reality adventure, with over ten hours of gameplay and complete with VR map editor. “This isn’t just a single player PC puzzle game with a simple VR port,” says Richard Bang, software veteran and Freekstorm M.D. “The Obliteration Game on Windows PC is a story-rich mesmerizing visual experience, but for VR we wanted to create a completely different interactive feel to the game show that explored the possibilities of how you would use the medium of virtual reality to provide a richer story-telling experience. We are also very proud of our HTC Vive map editor which has been completely integrated into the Steam workshop, and allows players to create and share their own maps.”
- Play the deadliest game in the galaxy – defeat dangerous traps, solve complex puzzles, rescue your friends and save your world from certain doom
- Control three individual characters, each with their own special power, who must work together to outwit the evil Doctor and win fabulous prizes
- Collect weird and wonderful artefacts to unlock skins for your contestants
- Follow the fully crafted story told over fifteen challenging game zones,with dynamic camera view allowing you to play from many different perspectives
- Explore the fascinating story of an omnipotent being’s inner journey through his own enormous ego and solve the mysteries of life itself
- Playable either on Windows PC Desktop (optimised for controllers) or in VR (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift/Touch)
- Create and share your own maps using the comprehensive level editor, fully integrated into the Steam Workshop (HTC Vive and Windows PC)