The charming 2D open world adventure of Forager is available physically on Nintendo SwitchTM and PlayStation®4, with each retail version including an exclusive poster and stickers. Inspired by the most beloved exploration, farming and crafting games, Forager offers gamers a chance to make their own way in a creative, customized experience.
The retail edition is courtesy of distributor Nighthawk Interactive and is available for $29.99 at all major North American retailers, including GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy and Target. Forager will be available through European retailers with equivalent pricing starting Friday, Nov. 1.
From developer HopFrog and publisher Humble Bundle, Forager allows players to explore and establish themselves in its pixel-pleasant world with their own unique playstyle. The free-form upgrade system allows players to customize their experience, focusing on – or balancing between – pursuits of farming, foraging, dungeoneering, archeology, combat, puzzle-solving and base-building. With a slew of divergent biomes to traverse, non-playable characters to interact with and random events to encounter, Forager offers countless experiences to keep players engaged in the world.
In Forager, players can:
- Become an Adventurer – Fearless explorers can seek out puzzles and hidden treasure chests filled with blueprints and goodies, face mighty bosses, or raid four distinct old-school dungeons all in the pursuit of leveling up to learn new skills and abilities and unlocking new weapon recipes.
- Become a Farmer – Vegetables, flowers, fruit, strange herbs and even rocks and minerals are ready to cultivate with the right tactics. Animals can also become part of the family and just need some petting, food and care to win over their deepest loyalties through the Love System.
- Become a Gatherer – A wide variety of consumables and materials are available to forage, fish, mine, hunt, dig and farm across various biomes. The rarest discoveries can be turned in at the local Museum to showcase and earn special rewards.
- Become a Merchant – Forager is full of resources to exploit. Players can sell everything, buy more, and then sell those items at a profit and manufacture an empire through trade and aggressive expansion.
- Become a Builder – All the land is ripe for building and growing a base from nothing. With tons of design and decoration options, serene farms, industrial hubs, defensive fortresses, cozy cottages, and any other dream bases are possible.
- Become… [fill in the blank] – The world of Forager is designed for the player’s choice. Everyone can set their own goals and work towards them.
Forager is rated E10+ by the ESRB for Crude Humor, Fantasy Violence and Mild Blood.