Space Engineers update 01.024 has been released today. Environmental hazards – meteor storms – have been added in to the game. There are currently four types of hazards: Safe, Normal, Cataclysm, Armageddon. Players will have to find ways to protect their character and their creations. They can also apply colors on more types of blocks (large and small ship thrusters, antenna, pillar, catwalk, etc.) and disable crosshair.
This video demonstrates the most important new features of this update:
Below is the full list of all the new features and fixes that have been implemented with this update:
– environmental hazards – protect your character and your creations from meteor storms (Safe, Normal, Cataclysm, Armageddon)
– more types of blocks can be colored (large and small ship thrusters, antenna, pillar, catwalk, stairs, ore detector, passage, windows, door – except the moving parts which is temporary not possible)
– crosshair can be disabled in Game Options
– game fonts are now more legible
– fixed character leaving the cockpit when it’s destroyed
– fixed music issue in main menu
All the updates that have been added into the game until now are avaiable in the Change log list – http://forums.keenswh.com/?forum=326211
Space Engineers is available for purchase on the developer’s web site: www.SpaceEngineersGame.com/buy.html, on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/244850 and at several other online distribution services.
Space Engineers is still in development. Everything in the game is subject to change.
For the latest news on Space Engineers, follow the official page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SpaceEngineers or on Twitter http://twitter.com/SpaceEngineersG.